Robin Gibb Dead at 62

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This is VERY sad news....I will have to go through a few titles, spin the Sgt. Peppers movie...I dunno...you have to be a kid growin' up in the 70's to understand this type of love. The Bee Gees were cool...enough said. Hard loss here.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Tis sad. I couldn't believe how long Maurice has been dead for! :wtf:

It doesn't seem all that long ago when they had their One Night Only Concerts. I loved the one they did here in Australia! :D

I guess this latest passing will have me playing more of their music in the same way the passing of Davy Jones from The Monkees has had me listen to more of their music! :D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is very sad news, but at least he is at peace now. Robin wasn't just a famous musician, he was a decent person who did a lot for the small market town where he lived. My local radio station played a lot of the early Bee Gees material this morning and it reminded me of just how good their 1st international album and single was, despite being overshadowed by the massive success of their change in style to soul/disco in the late seventies. Although they hit the ground running, there was a fallow patch around the Sgt Pepper time and it is to their credit that they could adapt to successive decades.

Robin was my favourite Bee Gee, as he tended to dominate the sixties songs (with Barry taking over in the seventies), and it is sometimes forgotten that he had a fruitful solo career in the late sixties. As has already been pointed out this morning, Robin's music will live on, with his records continuing to be played and his songs covered by successive generations of musicians. My thoughts go to his family at this difficult time.

Robin-Gibb.jpg

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I think it's Robin singing "Day Time Girl" from the Horizontal album, Wikipedia has that it as Robin and Maurice which I guess is right. It's such a great song which hits a nerve every time I hear it! :D But Robin has some Lead Vocal songs on that album with "And The Sun Will Shine" and "Really and Sincerely". :D

Cinder

Reaction score
Yes I agree, very sad news to hear this morning at breakfast. I hadnt even realised he was ill until a few weeks back when one of our programmes in the Uk mentioned that he had been due to pick up an award.

They showed some footage of him with his son and I rememered thinking my god he looks ill, I thought he may have cancer and it was only after speaking to a friend about my thoughts, it was then confirmed that he had the Big C.

R.I.P Robin - Peace after pain.

You have left so many happy memories for the remaiing "golden oldies" lol and some not so old. :bow:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
OM Goodness I didn't think there was anyone else! My BFF and I ... the Sgt. Pepper movie was a major guilty pleasure and we went to see it every time it was in a movie theatre. For some mysterious reason it kept coming back! I'm sure we saw it about 10 or 12 times as well and after about the first two or three times we knew all the dialogue, etc. and would talk back at the screen like Rocky Horror. Yeah, we're nuts!

:grinthumb:heheh:

I talked my Dad into seeing it at The Drive -In ..with a Double feature with Sat Night Fever (new PG -rating) I had already seen both soooo many times!

He complained the entire time..'this is nonsense..this has not plot..it's them running around..JUST like a Beatles movie !!!' {poor Dad}
BINGO DAD , YEAHHHHH !!

It was awful but I adored it,,where ELSE CAN you see Aerosmith get their arse wooped by The Bee Gees to Beatles music ??? :heheh:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Indeed the list continues to grow at a faster and faster pace when it comes to our musical icons.:(

I was surprised he came out of his coma, but didn't stay up on how he was doing.

:rip: Robin...I'll play Main Course later today to honour him and the BeeGees.

opera races

Reaction score
Indeed the list continues to grow at a faster and faster pace when it comes to our musical icons.:(

I was surprised he came out of his coma, but didn't stay up on how he was doing.

:rip: Robin...I'll play Main Course later today to honour him and the BeeGees.
I really thought Robin was going to be ok when I heard he came out of his coma and I didn't follow up on that either.

Last month on my little road trip when I got on the Overseas Highway to go to Key West ... I was planning on listening to some Bee Gees while driving along the east coast of FL anyway but I knew Robin was still in a coma so I popped in the two CD Bee Gees Record and was thinking, I'm pulling for you Robin and I'm sure a lot of other people were doing and thinking the same thing I could almost feel it ...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad to lose such an Icon in the music industry.

beeGeesRobin_2193447b.jpg

How Can You Mend a Broken Heart

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Does this leave Barry as the only one left now??

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online