Rob Zombie to induct Alice Cooper in the rock and roll hall of fame

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

ROB ZOMBIE To Induct ALICE COOPER Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME - Feb. 8, 2011
Rocker-turned-filmmaker Rob Zombie will induct Alice Cooper into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on March 14 at New York City's Waldorf Astoria Hotel. The ceremony will be aired live on the Fuse channel.

Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper took part in the Halloween Hootenanny tour last fall. The trek followed a short run the pair did together last summer. Zombie shared with The Pulse of Radio some inside info on what Alice likes to get up to while out on tour. "Here's the thing: he loves to shop, so he's always shopping," Rob told The Pulse of Radio. "So every day he would show up at the gig with a new gift for me. First day he came back with a, it's a little pig that when you turn it on it rolls around on the floor laughing hysterically like it can't breathe. And then the next day he brought me a VANILLA ICE tour shirt. Which I don't think he thought I would wear, so of course I wore it the next day to the meet-and-greet we did together just to prove a point."

Alice Cooper admitted that he was always confident that the Hall Of Fame honor would come his way, telling Billboard, "I've always felt the same way about this whole thing. I kind of sat back and said, 'It will happen eventually.' It did get to be kind of a joke, not being nominated. I got to the point where I was saying, 'OK, I'm the Pete Rose of rock n' roll!' So now that it's a reality, it's a different take on it. Now I sit there and go, 'Wow. Wow! We've got to really get up and play, and assume the position of being in the Hall of Fame.' It'll be great."

Cooper told Rolling Stone that he'll be performing with the original ALICE COOPER band at the Rock Hall induction, saying, "We're trying to figure out if we do 'School's Out', do we send balloons of confetti into the audience? I doubt there'll be a snake there though. . . If you look at the list of past inductees it's all of my heroes, from Pete Townshend to THE YARDBIRDS to THE BEATLES to the STONES. It's everybody that we listened to in order to become Alice Cooper, so it's pretty amazing that those are the same people that actually voted for us."

Alice Cooper told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that at the end of the day whether he was in the Rock Hall or not didn't seem to bug him much. "I've kinda put it in my head that if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't — the longer it goes, the more obvious it is that I'm not in it, and 99 percent of the people in the world think I'm in it anyways — even people on the board that vote on it," he said. "Toby (Mamis, Cooper's manager) talked to one of the guys and he says, 'Y'know, what is this thing with Alice? Is there a blackball or something on Alice?' And the guy said, 'What are you talking about? Alice is in the Hall Of Fame.' And he (Mamis) said, 'No, he isn't.' He (the Hall Of Fame rep) said, 'He's not?!' I think people assume that I am."

cooperrockhall.jpg

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Works for me. Only other logical candidates might have been Dee Snider, Marilyn Manson or ummm well? Mike Myers? :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yep, it makes perfect sense. Rob is like Alice's little brother after all. :grinthumb

And who'd have thought that not only was Alice a shoppaholic but he also bought ridiculous presents for people. He makes me smile so much. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can't think of a better choice than Rob Zombie to present Alice for his induction.

At least they finally got this one right, still not a fan of the whole thing there are just too many deserving bands not in, and some that are in that aren't even rock and roll artists.:dunno:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
As far as Alice's ego goes...I think it's pretty average if not small for a rocker of his status.

Also, wouldn't it be a perfect thing for Alice to throw a chicken into the audience at his induction ceremony? :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
That's good I guess, but I'm a little concerned....Will there be enough room on the stage for the three of them: Rob, Alice--and Alice's EGO!

Aside from this whole thing going from "a band called Alice Cooper" to gradually becoming "a musician named Alice Cooper", there isn't a whole lot about Alice that suggests he has a big ego.

In fact, isn't he still friends with his "old" bandmates and had at least a couple of them on his radio show?

With the exception of Blackie Lawless (long story) and a few of his opening acts from various tours (another long story), Alice doesn't really treat anybody like dirt.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Aside from this whole thing going from "a band called Alice Cooper" to gradually becoming "a musician named Alice Cooper", there isn't a whole lot about Alice that suggests he has a big ego.

Well that wasn't even really Alice's fault. He was Vincent until concert goers turned him into Alice Cooper.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online