Rival Sons!! (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
re: Check out Rival Sons!! (Official Thread)

Finally had to order "Pressure And Time"
51zdmTJMeWL._SS500_.jpg

I couldn't find a copy any where in my town..
And I'm a bit perplexed that I like another song by them and the only way to get it is to download it..
That sucks because I don't own a Ipod and it's in MP3 format which I think will not play on my home system.

But really... Really liking these guys..:good

Had to use this song for my profile..

They have the CD on Amazon Slip, http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Time...0GQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320745782&sr=8-2

If you wanted to download, you could convert the MP3's with one of the free converter programmes you can find online (I use this one: Free MP3 WMA OGG Converter™ - Convert MP3 WMA Music It's easy to use and I've never come across any problems so far). If I want to burn a CD and I only have the MP3's I always convert them to WMA's and then write to CD as I know older CD players (including our lounge system which is as old as the ark!) won't play a disc of MP3 files.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

They have the CD on Amazon Slip, http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Time...0GQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320745782&sr=8-2

If you wanted to download, you could convert the MP3's with one of the free converter programmes you can find online (I use this one: Free MP3 WMA OGG Converter™ - Convert MP3 WMA Music It's easy to use and I've never come across any problems so far). If I want to burn a CD and I only have the MP3's I always convert them to WMA's and then write to CD as I know older CD players (including our lounge system which is as old as the ark!) won't play a disc of MP3 files.

Hey Tray.. I ended up ordering the "Pressure and Time" cd from Amazon.. Now the deal is I'm trying not to play it to death!! :heheh:
But thanks for the info on how to change from MP3 so I'll consider downloading "Get What's coming..

I have Rival sons on Facebook and they are doing a bang up job with opening for Evanescence... They came out with a new video for "All Over The Road"..

I'm not too happy to see these guys do a video like this.. Especially coming from the priors just being simple and them jamming..
To me it's the first step in becoming "commercial" and I like rival sons stripped down and just doing simple Dirty Rock and Roll..

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I didn't realise Pressure & Time is their second album. It looks like it's difficult to get hold of a hard copy of their first 'Before The Fire' though.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I didn't realise Pressure & Time is their second album. It looks like it's difficult to get hold of a hard copy of their first 'Before The Fire' though.

Been trying to get their first on Amazon Tray with no luck.. Everything is broken down into individuals songs that you can download.. And THAT sucks!!:bonk:
If you find a way to order the complete Before The Fire, give me a shout!!

opera races

Reaction score

Great band, got me a copy of the EP from classic rock
Same here ...

I'm just now getting around to checking out the copious number of CD's I have received with my Classic Rock magazine subscription and the Rival Sons EP happened to hit my radar after seeing them mentioned on this forum. I also have a best of 2011 CD from CR magazine that has a track by them as well, Burn Down Los Angeles.

The EP has the following tracks (and in their entirety not just 30 second samples - YAY!):

1. Get What's Coming
2. Torture
3. Radio
4. Sacred Tongue
5. Sleepwalker
6. Soul

At six tracks that is practically an entire album or might have been back in the vinyl days! :heheh:

So far I've only listened to all the songs once through ... or maybe I did listen to Burn Down Los Angeles twice ... and I normally don't really like to say too much after only one listen but I like these guys so far! I want to explore their music some more. I think the singer sounds really good too ...

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Same here ...

I'm just now getting around to checking out the copious number of CD's I have received with my Classic Rock magazine subscription and the Rival Sons EP happened to hit my radar after seeing them mentioned on this forum. I also have a best of 2011 CD from CR magazine that has a track by them as well, Burn Down Los Angeles.

The EP has the following tracks (and in their entirety not just 30 second samples - YAY!):

1. Get What's Coming
2. Torture
3. Radio
4. Sacred Tongue
5. Sleepwalker
6. Soul

At six tracks that is practically an entire album or might have been back in the vinyl days! :heheh:

So far I've only listened to all the songs once through ... or maybe I did listen to Burn Down Los Angeles twice ... and I normally don't really like to say too much after only one listen but I like these guys so far! I want to explore their music some more. I think the singer sounds really good too ...

I can't find their debut anywhere but the Pressure and Time CD rocks big time..Buchanan does have a great voice.. But check out some of the earlier video's posted from that CD OR..:cheers2

opera races

Reaction score

I can't find their debut anywhere but the Pressure and Time CD rocks big time..Buchanan does have a great voice.. But check out some of the earlier video's posted from that CD OR..:cheers2
Wowsers ... that Before The Fire album on CD is VERY hard to find! I checked out a few of my usual suspect sites when I'm looking for something and came up completely empty! Keep checking amazon and ebay ... it's been my experience that persistence will win out when it comes to hard to find albums or simply getting a better deal on certain CD's ppl ask waaay to much money for!

I haven't gotten around to listening to more but I'm prolly going to look into getting Pressure & Time.

Now that I've listened to what I have some more, maybe it's just me but doesn't Jay Buchanan sound a bit like Ray Gillen?

Also, thinking about the Wolfmother comparisons ... I think you might as well go ahead and say they sound Zeppelin-esque at times ... ;)

In spite of some similarities I think they still very much have their own sound.

DirtySoundMagnet

Reaction score
Rival Sons

I did search along the forum, and I didn't find any thread about this awesome band : Rival Sons

Their singer is really good and

Their best song for me : Memphis Sun

Our band will open for them in June, can't wait! :bow:

Marco

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online