Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Waiting For a Sign (2018)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. I really like Blackmore's playing on this song and I think Ronnie is a fine singer, but the song is not really going anywhere. Feels a bit like a studio jam they decided to record and release as a single.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Wut is this!? Ritchie is going back to playing rock again!? Or is this just a one-off and then he'll go back to the goofy Blackmore's Night stuff?

E-Z

Reaction score
In my humble opinion Ritchie took a wrong turning with his musical career many years ago he shouldn't have been part of the re-formed Deep Purple back in 1984 but should have continued with Rainbow even if he hadn't then broken the band in the USA but apparently him and the other 4 members of the band were all offered a 'ridiculous amount of money' to re-form then the old problems with Ian Gillan return and then Ritchie gets bored and wants to try something new and forms a renaissance troupe of wandering musician's playing a f**king lute!!.

So sad what a waste of a talent!!.

"Ritchie you blew it big time my old son".

E-Z

Last edited:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the guitar playing, but Blackmore needs a vocalist with a lot of charisma to act as a foil (like Gillan, Dio, Bonnet, JLT). I found this singer's raspy voice grates somewhat. Blackmore also seems to want an anodyne band to slip into the background (unlike MLS, Bain, Birch, Glover, etc). Alas, I fear this could be another wasted opportunity, especially as JLT said he was willing to participate.

E-Z

Reaction score
Joe Lynn Turner has always been very supportive of Ritchie maybe he thinks he owes Ritchie for plucking him out of an obscure band like Fandango and giving him the vocalist spot (Spotlight Kid) fronting Rainbow but I have a feeling Joe also likes Ritchie as well.

E-Z

jeffnc

Reaction score
Kind of sounds like an old fashioned, rather boring rock song. I do like the guitar work, otherwise bland. If this were a Stevie Ray Vaughan song it might have worked.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online