Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow to Release Two New Recordings and 2016 Concert

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Ritchie-Blackmore.jpghttp:

On May 26, the latest version of Ritchie Blackmore‘s Rainbow will release its first studio recordings. The two songs are currently available for pre-order.

While the first, “Land of Hope and Glory,” is a new composition, “I Surrender” is a re-recording of the Russ Ballard (of Argent fame) tune Rainbow cut for 1981’s Difficult to Cure. In its original form, “I Surrender” became one of their biggest hits, reaching No. 3 in the U.K. and No. 10 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock chart.

These new tracks were recorded with singer Ronnie Romero, the Lords of Black frontman whom Blackmore hand-picked to front this new version of Rainbow for a series of concerts in the summer of 2016. “When I heard him, he seemed like the right guy to sing the [Ronnie James] Dio-era songs of Rainbow,” Blackmore said last month. “He’s versatile. He can sing like Freddie Mercury, Ronnie James Dio or Graham Bonnet. I wrote one new song and also recorded one of the old ones. Ronnie, who’s in Madrid now, added his vocals and sent it back.”

The show they performed in Birmingham, England — Rainbow’s first in Blackmore’s native country in more than 20 years — is also available for pre-order, and is expected to arrive on June 9.

The dates Blackmore played last year, the first rock concerts for him since disbanding Rainbow in 1997 to concentrate on Renaissance-style folk music with Blackmore’s Night, appear to have significantly whetted his appetite for live electric guitar. Next month, he’ll play four nights in the U.K. You can get full information at his website.

Read More: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow to Release Two New Recordings and 2016 Concert | Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow to Release Two New Recordings and 2016 Concert

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
Can sing like Dio................

Somewhere if he can see this article I bet Dio almost dropped his scepter out his Chariot at that boastful claim. I like Blackmore as much as anyone but he ain't no Dio come on guy.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Yeah, Ronnie Romero is a good singer - really enjoyed him on "Memories in Rock - Live in Germany" - but he sure as hell ain't no Dio (or Freddie Mercury). I'll definitely get that "Live In Birmingham 2016" release, but they should have put those two newly recorded tracks on it as bonus tracks. Am not going to buy them seperately as MP3s.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Yeah, Ronnie Romero is a good singer - really enjoyed him on "Memories in Rock - Live in Germany" - but he sure as hell ain't no Dio (or Freddie Mercury). I'll definitely get that "Live In Birmingham 2016" release, but they should have put those two newly recorded tracks on it as bonus tracks. Am not going to buy them seperately as MP3s.

Did was the best singer Rainbow had and if it wasn't for Richie's ego he may well have stayed for a few more albums. Will not be buying separate songs, put them on a new album, well one of them anyway.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online