RIP Mike Starr

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
R.I.P Mike Starr
I found out about this yesterday as soon as it happened when a friend told me, and all I could think to say was "no"
It sucks major balls. Alice in Chains is my favourite band. I mean, its bad enough Layne is gone but now Mike. I mean, I don't know what I'd do if Jerry or Sean died. But yeah, seriously sucks. Mike was a kickass bassist and he was a part of my favourite band of all time. Now half the original lineup is gone. :( :( :(

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I know he was dealing with drug addiction for a long time. I met the band at a club here in town just after Facelift was released. Great show. BS with Layne Staley for a couple of minutes.

Hopefully Mike Starr now finds peace.

Pretty neat you got to meet Alice in Chains.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Wasn't AIC releasing new stuff and touring? Was he with them during that? I'm pretty sure they released a new album about a year or two ago but I could be wrong, I haven't really followed Alice in Chains after Layne Staley's death.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
This might sound like BS like I'm trying to be some kind of internet big shot but whatever ( I'm really not interested in that kind of stupidity )....
I ran into my friend Kenny tonight who works tours all over the world Japan especially but Europe etc as well.

Anyway he was on tour and quit and returned home because of the news of Mike's death. It was really said to see how messed up he was talking about Layne and Mike Starr dying from the things that they did and seeing him come to the realization that he might be next ...

He was sitting there just crying like a baby while we sat outside in the dark for awhile ...it was really pretty damn sad. He made me want to cry myself .Hopefully he really comes to the conclusion that it's now or never if he doesn't want end up the same way.

joe

Reaction score
Pretty neat you got to meet Alice in Chains.

They played here in Victoria which is not very far from Seattle at a local club, Harpos where they had all different type of bands come in from heavy metal to blues to jazz. Fantastic ambience in the place. I saw quite a few good shows there back some 15-20 years ago.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Kind of cool coincidence Joe, I live in Vancouver, BC too and yesterday I actually met someone who knew Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell
It all started because he asked me about my Dio backpatch and we started talking about music and I brought up Alice in Chains.

I was the one to break it to him that Mike Starr died and so we talked about Alice in Chains a little more and then we talked about other bands. He said he went to the release of facelift when it came out and stuff

But yeah it made my day that I met someone who has met Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell before. One day I want to meet Jerry myself lol.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online