Returnee from Plainview NY

Baz

Reaction score
I've been elsewhere for quite some time, but the Forum administrator sent a letter so I thought it'd be great to get involved in music discussions here once again..........I engage in them at another site, and on Facebook, but there were some very ardent fans here; "warning', I do not engage in arguments over who is better, what is the best song, and so forth..........

there are 2 basic tenets to discussing music; respecting others' tastes and knowing there is no 'my group is better than yours' and that we all feel our taste is the best taste in music, otherwise, why would we be listening to it....the foods I eat are the best foods, I like them........but comparing you to me, me to you, is missing a very important point, and that is that this is music is shared, by very individuals, and that we can learn from one another; in the past 3 years there were several artists from my Hall of Fame period, 60's to mid 70's (and those artists who continued on like JT, Ronstadt, Paul Simon et. al) under the radar for all these year..........

.......who I had somehow overlooked as a younger guy...Strawbs comes to mind.....Nick Drake another; so I re-read the rules from the administrator and they address my little preamble where I don't like to trash someone's music, I certainly feel some music is unappealing, and I think that is a civil way to say it's not one's cup of tea.....So my 'warning' about which group is better than another is tempered by what I gather are civil discussions of "I love Hendrix' ...but "I love Page", and we move on from there.....again thank you for inviting me back. This was a little intro of me, to people like you with interesting backgrounds in and out of music.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.