Rest In Peace Paul Revere

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
The world of classic rock music has lost another icon today. Paul Revere, entertainer, singer, musician, bandleader, friend, husband, father and grand man of show business died Oct. 4, 2014 at the age of 76. The news of Revere’s passing came via a post on his band’s official Facebook page tonight.

In August, 2013, Revere shared the news of his battle with cancer with over 100,000 fans on his band’s Facebook page. A wellspring of support, love, prayers and well wishes ensued on his Facebook page, exemplary of the true devotion with which music lovers and Baby Boomers alike held the legend Paul Revere Dick (his real name), born on Jan. 7, 1938.

Paul Revere, beloved classic rock legend, dies at age 76 - National classic rock music | Examiner.com

Kicks was probably the first "anti-drug" song I heard, and (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone is still one of the hardest rockers from that time period in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I had the chance to see Paul and the Raiders in concert a couple of times. Though it wasn't the classic line-up with Mark Lindsey, they sure knew how to put on a show. They did hit after hit, "Kicks", "Just Like Me", Hungry", Steppin' Out", "Let Me", "(Him or Me) What's It Gonna Be", "Indian Reservation" and the rest. Of course, The Raiders will never get into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they're not "cool" or "hip" enough. They were one of the 60's most underrated bands. Paul was a performer to the end. RIP Paul and thanks for all the good times and great music.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
These video clips are both taken from a December 30th, 1971 TV series episode of Rollin' (On the River) with hosts Kenny Rogers & The First Edition, Paul Revere & The Raiders...

Then, the last Billboard Top 40 hit by Paul Revere & The Raiders, "Birds of a Feather" (#23) (written by Joe South)

My Mom remembered her 1960s sock hop days...

Just Like Me
Kicks
Hungry
Good Thing
Him Or Me, What's It Gonna Be
Too Much Talk

She also loves...

Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)
Birds of a Feather

I've always liked and enjoyed...

Kicks
Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)
Birds of a Feather

Rest in peace Paul Revere!

:rip: :uh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online