Rest in Peace Dimebag Darrell

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
On December 8, 2004, legendary guitarist Dimebag Darrell Abbott was shot and killed along with four others by a schizophrenic man at the Alrosa Villa while performing a concert with Damageplan in Columbus, Ohio.

Rest in peace, Dimebag! Shall we take a moment to remember the man? How about Top 5 Pantera songs?

Me... I don't listen to Pantera much during this period of my life. But I could never have become the happy-go-lucky, Taylor Swift-listening man I am today if Dimebag had decided to play accordion instead. During the most difficult period of my life when I was fighting for a way to live, Pantera's music was the only thing that stood beside me and fought on my side of the ring. For that I will always be grateful. Plus I spent a good two years listening to Pantera daily.

Top 5

1. Cemetery Gates
-- This song is just a force of nature. As a guy who grew up listening to tracks like Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and Behind Blue Eyes I felt right at home with this one. Simultaneously a heart-wrenching and a face-melting track.

2. Strength Beyond Strength
-- One of Pantera's most unrelenting rockers, this brutal breakdown of a track features top-shelf performances from everyone in the band and my favorite Pantera lyrics, flying in the face of the establishment as per usual.

3. War Nerve
-- An uncharacteristically slow and meandering beatdown, this blast of indignation features a killer groove and a downright manifesto of Phil Anselmo's anti-everything ideology.

4. ****ing Hostile
-- Two minutes and fifty seconds of furious abandon and 3 damn good arguments to boot.

5. Revolution Is My Name
-- This whole record is just covered in gorgeously-bouncy riffs and Revolution Is My Name takes it a whole new level with 6 or 7 of the catchiest riffs I've ever heard, all claustrophobically crammed together into one powerhouse song.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I never realized he was shot on the same date as Lennon. Blasted psychos seem to take joy in that kinda garbage symbolism though, so it doesn't surprise me.

Not a huge Pantera fan by any means, but I have a lot of respect for Dimebag regardless.
:rip:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
7204rip_dimebag2.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First off..........Peace be with you Dimebag!

:rip:

I never was a huge Pantera fan, but they did have a couple decent ballads:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online