Reggae

E-Z

Reaction score
As a mainly 1970s & 1980s heavy rock and blues rock fan I mostly kept away from other musical forms but by chance stumbled upon Peter Tosh of all people about 10 years ago and actually liked wot he was doing so went out and bought quite a few of his cds. Peter was a pretty good electric guitarist and he liked to incorporate quite a bit of wha wha guitar into his playing reggae and songs like 400 years, African & Stepping Razor are all very good songs that he would perform live. A shame that he was a victim of a violent attack at home in Jamaica in 1987 that killed him.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Indeed E-Z..i think Tosh's collaboration with Jagger was my entry point(SoonCome/ Bush Doctor ?)...Peter cut a striking figure as a young bloke...Ska label using his profile:
download.jpg
For many ..Reggae and Dub etc...is hard to penetrate...like Ragga and Rap i suppose.
For me the bass work and studio mic of snare and rim work for me...some artist i can recommend:
Pablo Moses- I Love I Bring.
Tappa Zukie - Raggy Joey Boy.
Augustus Pablo - The River Nile.
Jimmy Cliff, URoy and IRoy, Max Romeo are nice entry points...funnily enough not a Bob Marley fan- even though Wayne Perkins guested on his stuff!

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Yes Nai Noswad the Bush Doctor album I believe was originally released on the Rolling Stones own label and the single off of it (You Gotta Walk) Don't Look Back is actually a good song with Mick Jagger helping out Peter on the songs lead vocals. Peter also showed up a couple of years earlier on Eric Clapton's No Reason To Cry album as well.

Below (You Gotta Walk) Don't Look Back picture bag single I assume featuring Sly & Robbie as well-

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online