Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You (2011)

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
With John's departure and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer on board, I don't really consider it a "comeback" album but more of a debut for a new version of RHCP. And yes Sweaty their music is different, but as a band grows and blossoms so does their sound. And especially with the different members they've had over the years, it's inevitable for it to change. But that's also why I've always loved this band, they have phases and are unafraid to experiment.

Ethiopia, Annie Wants A Baby, Look Around, Goodbye Hooray, Meet Me At The Corner and Did I Let You Know were all favorites of mine on the album. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
I think a change in lineup and an album hastily prepare for the fans is more like a cry saying "we're still here dammit!" but its not a bad album. Different isnt bad, but in this case it wasnt good either. Dissapointed me but as long as their music doesnt dramatically change, Ill keep buying albums and shirts and shit for years to come :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't say I agree, I won't just buy any album they put out, mediocrity can only last so long which is what I feel albums like Californication, By The Way were particularly. I'm With You was a good one in my opinion, it had some stuff in there that reminded me a lot of their funky stuff early on in their career.

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
I'm fan of the Chili Peppers... First time I listen to them it was with "Californication", I was 9 and watching MTV...

Well, now I'm 22, I'm really into they're first album until "One Hot Minute" (so 1984-1995).

The baddest album is Stadium Arcadium... 28 songs and just 5-10 good...

I'm With You is, for me, the best Chili's album since "Californication". There's a lot of good songs, but I don't feel the same big energy as for a "Mother's Milk" or a "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"...

I know the band is different, they're wiser, older, ... It's a part of the answer into their musical changement. So well, it's just my point of view!

Well, and one last thing I really disapointed : The marketing of the Chili Peppers.
I don't know how works the marketing of a band, who do this or that...
But the Chili Peppers sell B-Sides from "I'm With You". But they sell it in vinyl only. (And there's only 2 songs by vinyl)
Now they're selling the album "I'm With You" with 6 (or 8) Bonus track, it's 6 B-Sides, but only in Australia...

Maybe the next year we will see all the B-Sides gather in one CD... The marketing of this band is a real kick in the ass, by the way it's not the time for doing this kind of marketing, it's the crisis, the recession... It's not fair...

Pricey

Reaction score
i've been a fan of chilis since 1993 (i was 12). BSSM was on my cassette walkman forever it seemed. i didn't even know the names of the songs, but i knew every song by heart. I eventually went onto buy the CD. OHM is also a personal favourite of mine. their albums since then have not really grabbed me the way those 2 did, not taking away any of their talent - they are amazing passionate fun-loving melody makers, in fact they are 'miraculously majestic masters of mayhem'.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online