Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You (2011)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You (2011)

25khpih.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan would expect from a new album, considering I don't listen to them too regularly. I've heard a few of their songs on the radio, and I was told that they had released a new album this year, it intrigued me because I've wanted to give the band more of a chance, so I picked it up. And what a good decision that was. Coming from someone who doesn't dive into their music too often, I am quite impressed with their sound. It's got a very mellow indie feel to it, and the vocalist sounds phenomenal. Some very low key guitar solos, nothing too overwhelming, but they're catchy. I can see myself foot tapping to most if not all the songs off the album. Definitely a good purchase of the year. If you are a big Red Hot Chili Peppers fan, I guess I would suggest picking this one up, just to see how it sounds against some of their older work. I'll give it two thumbs up from an outside point of view, it'll become a regular listen for me in time.

2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice write up Prime...not a RHCP fan, but as long as there's no "rap" style vocals on the new one I Might give it a listen...no promises though.;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am listening to Monarchy of Roses, so far I am impressed :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Factory of Faith is funky, very similar to their older stuff.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
I reccomend listening to One Hot Minute Then this album. You can see their progression, from darkish to happy, heavy instrumentalist music. pretty cool back to back :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One Hot Minute was a great album too. Its the albums just before I'm With You and after One Hot Minute I didn't really like much.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
This is one of those bands that always put out great stuff no matter how old they get :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I haven't purchased this album as I found them to have calmed down from what they used to be, too many instrumentals for my liking, unless someone can tell me different?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online