Recommend Something New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
saw Marina and the Diamonds last nite which was her first US show.

4433759393_7a446c561f.jpg

I am not a robot

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Jesus, I should visit this section more often! Two great recommendation by Sal and Aktivator! :grinthumb I'm not surprised by Aktivator's because we are usually on the same page and Sal, yours is a catchy little gem! Good discoveries! :grinthumb

Oh, and a Soot name drop is always worth a nod! :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
And I've got another one. I actually found it while looking for something completely different! They're another unheard of band, this time from Japan. They are very melodic, piano based and they even sing in English!

They are One Day Diary:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Jesus, I should visit this section more often! Two great recommendation by Sal and Aktivator! :grinthumb I'm not surprised by Aktivator's because we are usually on the same page
had a feeling you would like Marina & the diamonds S &S, one of the reasons I posted it. Updated picture from day two of Marina

4436775265_d2437b1278.jpg

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I mentioned Marina and the diamonds on here somewhere (not of this thread) the other month. I got her album as soon as it was released and have been listening to it a lot. I love it, especially the stand-out tracks, Mowglis Road, Holywood & Hermit The Frog.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I mentioned Marina and the diamonds on here somewhere (not of this thread) the other month. I got her album as soon as it was released and have been listening to it a lot. I love it, especially the stand-out tracks, Mowglis Road, Holywood & Hermit The Frog.

Awesome another fan. Yeah my friend played the album for me on the way back from a Pearl Jam show and I fell for her. Got the import shortly after its not even being released in the states until May. So glad to see them the last two nites, no Hermit the Frog tho :(

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Here I am again, I was listening to I Heart Hiroshima on Youtube, when I saw an interesting song called 'Pink Frost' I found out it was actually a cover they did of an even lesser known band, The Chills. So I'm listening to it now, and really liking it!

Julie

Reaction score
^ yeah, I think I've heard that band before, I kinda recognize the style, I like! And the Japanese thing you posted before kinda reminds me of Air..

I recently discovered Creature with the Atom Brain, they're Belgian, just have two recent albums, but the band members have been in other bands before. Influences: led zeppelin, mark lanegan, qotsa, black sabbath..

I recommend the album Transylvania (the most recent) if you're interested.

Last edited:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I love the band name Julez, and I'll check out the video a little bit later! :grinthumb.

Also, just letting you know that when posting youtube videos, you only need the code part after the '=' sign in the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online