Recommend Something New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
To anyone who likes fun rock music that doesn't take itself too seriously I fully suggest Hot Leg.

(This is a favorite song of this year by the way)

Last edited by a moderator:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I'm a major fan of modern Australian 00's rock, so I'll be posting a lot of it, I've already made a start.

Some up and coming Australians would be:

Little Red - Indie/classic rock group, they play feel good tunes and upbeat melodies

The Mess Hall - blues/rock/garage. It's a strange combination and the dark tones may be an acquired taste, but I've definitely acquired it.

Animal Collective - Just found out they're actually american :rolleyes: but they play psychadelic, electric pop.

Children Collide - Indie, similar to Franz Ferdinand I would say.

The Giveaways - The band I went to school with, they play alternative indie rock, heavy influences from The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys.

British India (Who I'm seeing live on Saturday) - Garage/rock n roll, heavy pounding anthems with loud vocals and drums being hammered.

Leader Cheetah - indie rock, more upbeat music.

Dappled Cities - art rock/experimental, Guitar driven, tempo changing stuff

The Temper Trap - Alternative, Rythmic guitar and an atmospheric, lazy sound

Yves Klein Blue - Indie, simply happy music

Newton Faulkner - Acoustic, one of a growing crop of australian singer/songwriters his prime weapon is melody, well written music and a great soft voice.

Red Riders - Alternative, similar to Dappled Cities.

The Middle East - Ambient/acoustic, slow paced ballads with classical influence and harmonic vocals

Bluejuice - Indie/electro. Their current song sounds similar to Point Of Know Return with the synths, but the rest is pretty solidly electronic.

I need this list 2 :):):):cheers:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
No thanks S&L, not my kind of music.

Another edit - Newton Faulkner is actually English. He hides his accent extroadinarily while singing though, and his music sounds pretty damn Aussie :tongue:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
No thanks S&L, not my kind of music.

Another edit - Newton Faulkner is actually English. He hides his accent extroadinarily while singing though, and his music sounds pretty damn Aussie :tongue:

Well, aren't most Aussies of POM origin, heheheheheh ??:):):):lmao::cheers:....NOT me though...I'm trueblue all the way :):)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
snakes&ladders wrote:

Well, aren't most Aussies of POM origin, heheheheheh ??:):):):lmao::cheers:....NOT me though...I'm trueblue all the way :):)

No! And we're all not ancestors from convicts either.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
snakes&ladders wrote:

No! And we're all not ancestors from convicts either.

I tell that to all my friends, colleagues and students in the E.U. every day:bump:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
How about Petey...............:):)

peteyamdthepirates.jpg

By blackglove at 2009-12-18
peteylightning.jpg

By blackglove at 2009-12-18

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
:bump:

Randomly surfing through Youtube, I have come acress one of those golden nuggets S&S always speaks of. The song in question is from Brisbanean art rock band Drawn From Bees, and it's called Long Tooth Setting Sun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online