Awesome Monger
Reaction score
Van Halen- 1984
George Harrison- The Best Of
Marshal Tucker Band- Greetings from South Carolina

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Just got a copy of Arctic Monkeys - What Ever People Say I Am,That's What I'm Not

Really like this band a lot.

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
Ok, within the past 10 days, these all got new homes--my house. The first 8 were used, bought at the Arkansas Record Exchange in North Little Rock.

PEACHTREE ROAD by Elton John (one play in the car, not impressed)

WILD LIFE DEMOS by Paul McCartney (a bootleg, unfortunately, it's defective--well maybe not too unfortunately, since I don't care for WILD LIFE in the first place, but it was cheap for a bootleg, so . . . )

"Crucify" by Tori Amos (the CD single with "Smell Like Teen Spirit", "I Thank You" and "Angie" covers, not bad)

CUTTING HEADS by John Mellencamp (I liked it OK, need to give it another play when I have time)

CHOOSE LOVE by Ringo Starr (I don't like this disc--a whole lot I don't like it--but I needed it for the collection and it was cheap)

KINGSIZE by The Boo Radleys (parts of it impressed me the first time. I then read that it was their swansong album, and others are better. I'll be looking for those)

SEND ME THE HEART by Denny Laine (I played about 3 tracks and figured I had something better to do with my time at the moment.)

HUMAN WHEELS by John Mellencamp (haven't gotten to it yet, because . . . )

Sam Goody's is going out of business here in my neck of the woods, and at the close-out sale, I paid $102 for these titles:

LIVE LICKS by The Rolling Stones (I saw them in concert on March 9th, so I decided to pick this up. I'd heard it on Rhapsody before)

GOLD MEDAL by the Donnas (likewise, I'd heard it, but liked it, and have enjoyed it in the car this week)

ILLINOIS by Sufjan Stevens (I downloaded this off Kazaa last year after reading so much about it. When I do that, if I like what I hear I buy it, so I did).

A BIGGER BANG by the Rolling Stones (it's the deluxe edition, and I've not even taken the wrap off it yet)

RANCHO TEXICANOS by ZZ Top (a "best of" still unwrapped)

THE CAPITOL ALBUMS, Vol. 1 by The Beatles (or better said, by Capitol Records--it was cheap at $35.00, so I took it home. I'll probably play it once and shelve it.)

Between those and the NCAA tourney, I've been a busy boy.

JcS

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score
I returned to Goody's for more of the closeout sale:

Steppenwolf: GOLD (a double disc set of all the Steppenwolf I'll ever need)

Traffic: GOLD (ditto)

Everly Brothers double disc set of two of their albums

Led Zeppelin: THE COMPLETE STUDIO RECORDINGS box.

All for $101. I saw the Zep box at Best Buy for $120.00, I think it was, just last weekend.

JcS

Guitarplayer1989

Reaction score
lets see...havent been on here in a while, feels so strange....
anyway i got..
1) Ryan Adams- 29...everybodys right so far, cold roses is much better but i still like this
2) Ryan Adams -Gold
3) Iron Maiden - killers
4) Wilco - A.M.
5)Kiss- Destroyer
6)Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
7) Oasis - Be Here Now...i must say i've gotten almost all of their cd's and for some reason they've become one of my favorite bands

i also got a few more but none i can remember right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Staff online

Members online