Really nice Bruce story...

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
From Challenged Youth Sports via Blogness on FB:

Over the weekend Paul Hooker was told a great story by the father of Rachel Colby, one of our CYS kids that we would like to share with you. The story goes like this...

"While in the emergency room at Monmouth Medical Center with Rachel, Bruce Sprinsteen happened to pass through after visiting a friend in the hospital. Before he left, I approached him and asked if he would come in to just say hello to Rachel. He came in and spent about 10 minutes talking with Rachel. My wife told Bruce that Rachel had all of his music on her ipod and that she might be listening to it right now, Rachel removed her headphones and said "Nope I'm listening to Shania Twain"...Bruce laughed so hard and told Rachel that's OK, he likes Shania Twain too. Then he said goodbye to us leaned over kissed Rachel on top of her head and posed with her for the picture. It was great and he was too.. "

It's a great story of compassion, and makes
us love Bruce even more ( if that's possible!) —

426471_353532681331225_178010082216820_1346124_1065485106_n.jpg

Syd

Reaction score
It's nice that guys like that can be role models for kids and give themselves the time to do a small act of kindness but a very meaningful one, too. A decent man, he is. It's a nice story considering the girl liked him a lot. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Members online