Rate The Song Above You ....Metal / Heavy Rock Version \m/

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands. Matt on vocals here, which I've always liked all their vocalists to a capacity, but he's really tight on this track. What can I say? Everything is nearly perfect, from harmonies to guitar-work. 10/10

@Magic (one of my favorites too is Crimson Glory, as you know. And you are so right about the unique recording method... iirc, I think he used both live sampling and something else. It's why it sounds so impeccable.)

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Very pleasant ballad from Scorpions. Hauntingly beautiful singing from Klaus and an overall sublime, trance-like experience to listen through. 9/10!

@Magic (I PM'ed you about it)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s ok. Climbing! Isn’t my favorite, that honor goes to Nantucket Sleighride and their newer more polished sounding albums. That being said…I still rate the debut highly.
Never In My Life had songwriting help from Pappalardi’s wife….who also did the cover art.
8/10

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
It starts like the soundtrack to horror movie, but then it becomes a powerful heavy-prog song. Really memorable. 8/10.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Black Sabbath eh?? With a facelift?? Not bad.. Hard to feel the heaviness 7/10

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dunno….i’m going to listen again without the video. The video makes me go, WTH! :cool:
Experimental with some prog elements and some funky beats, too. Weird riffs, and a vocal collage. I appreciate the genius of the newness (For me anyway) 7.5/10

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Nice choice. A favorite from that album, as Schenker is really getting down here, awesome track. Most Scorpions/UFO material gets at least 9/10 for me, and so it is. 9/10!

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThorstenMa

Members online