Randy Rhoads VS Eddie Van Halen

Which Guitar Player Is Better?

• Total voters

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I chose Eddie, simply because he was already an essential ingredient firmly entrenched in my musical being by the time Randy showed up.

On a side note, I remember when Ozzy went solo. That was a huge moment if the history of rock.

I forget when Blizzard came out, 81-83, somewhere in that area. Sabbath's core fan base, the fans that were teens in the early of Sabbath (1970), were getting on towards their 30s to mid 30s.

Ozzy, mostly likely would have kept those fans anyway, but by being shrewd enough to hire a gunslinger like Randy Rhodes, he also added a new fan base.

All those young guitarists who'd picked up a guitar because of Eddie Van Halen's work now had a new kid on the block.

Ozzy may only have a few brain cells, but he (or his people) had the business savvy to tap into the next generation.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I was a VH (1978)fan before I was a Blizzard (1980)fan so sentimentally I'd choose Eddie. Randy had the chops and the shredibility, but Eddie had a swagger about his playing in his early days, a knack for incredible melodies and of course that Brown Sound. We'll never know just what Randy couldve done had he lived on (although I wonder what kind of demos Sharon is holding out from releasing to the public). I do know that when Randy was with QR he wasnt nearly as great, whereas Eddie came out of the gate a phenom.

Advantage: Eddie

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I wouldn't call either 'great', but I'm opting for Van Halen (I didn't like Blizzard of Oz). If it had been between Tony Iommi or Jake E. Lee and Van Halen, I wouldn't have voted for the latter.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Randy Rhoads just ..

Eddie is an awesome guitar player but I went with Randy .

Randy Rhoads although to be honest I hate the notion of suggesting one is better then the other. Randy was a great guitar player, Eddie still is an awesome guitar player. I just decided to go with who I liked more.

Randy Rhoads........

Randy Rhoads For Me Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!:bow::bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online