Randy Rhoads VS Eddie Van Halen

Which Guitar Player Is Better?

• Total voters

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I would have to go with Randy Rhoads but only by a hair. I saw Rhoads on the Blizzard of Oz tour and Eddie Van Halen on the Fair Warning tour. Randy, I thought was a little more tighter than Eddie. That being said, I'm not a guitarist and with that I basically don't know what I'm talking about.:D

You are a lucky person to have seen them both haha.

I find Randy to be the tighter player. EVH is sloppy sometimes. He never progressed much after their first album.

Randy was about learning new things all the time. He would seek out guitar teachers in each place they played and would get lessons from them.

joe

Reaction score
^^^After hearing Rhoads on Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman and then listening to him playing with Quiet Riot, wow, what a huge improvement. I asked myself if this is the same guitarist. Sadly, I remember that day very well when I heard he died in that plane accident.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
^^^After hearing Rhoads on Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman and then listening to him playing with Quiet Riot, wow, what a huge improvement. I asked myself if this is the same guitarist. Sadly, I remember that day very well when I heard he died in that plane accident.

It was very sad. I was not born yet, but I have dealt with a big name guitarist who I liked alot dying. Probably the weirdest way possible being shot on stage.

joe

Reaction score
^^^ That's the guitarist from Pantera. I'm a right? When and where did this happen?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ That's the guitarist from Pantera. I'm a right? When and where did this happen?

I'll offer a vid clip...here are the last two parts in the Pantera: Behind The Music episode, that covers Dimebag's shooting.

Pretty sad. :wa

joe

Reaction score
^^^Man, that seems so surreal. Ya, all you can really say is "sad".

Thanx for the info guys.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online