Rainbow (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I have just set up an ipod tower and having the music on shuffle "Lost In Hollywood" came on. I never considered Graham Bonnet anywhere near in the same league as RJD but I do think Down To Earth is a great album. Some brilliant songs and Ritchie is one of my all time guitar heroes. I just think the hooks, riffs and solos on that album are just top notch.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
^^^ I have just set up an ipod tower and having the music on shuffle "Lost In Hollywood" came on. I never considered Graham Bonnet anywhere near in the same league as RJD but I do think Down To Earth is a great album. Some brilliant songs and Ritchie is one of my all time guitar heroes. I just think the hooks, riffs and solos on that album are just top notch.

I was reading an article recently and it was so funny - Graham Bonnet had never heard of Rainbow when he auditioned for them, but Blackmore was so knocked out when he heard him there was no other choice. Although the RJD version was the best by far for me, Bonnet had (and has) a great set of pipes.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Bonnet is a great singer. I don't like his writing, but that's another story & I don't think Glover let him write anything for DTE.

With Glover producing, DTE was bound to be a masterpiece.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I was reading an article recently and it was so funny - Graham Bonnet had never heard of Rainbow when he auditioned for them, but Blackmore was so knocked out when he heard him there was no other choice. Although the RJD version was the best by far for me, Bonnet had (and has) a great set of pipes.

I knew a married couple a few years older than me, I went to some gigs with them. Anyway they met Bonnet at Butlins Skeggy, I think he was a red coat in the 60's ?? They reckon he was a really sound feller and although I think he has a great voice there are very few singers I can put up there with RJD. :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online