Quick Questionnaire for Dissertation: PLEASE Help!

Jammyshill

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Before I start I apologise if i've put this in the wrong place, but I wasn't 100% sure so I went for here. Please move if it's a problem..

I'm currently writing my dissertation for the final year of my Music Degree in London, England. I'm looking into the Alternative Rock scene from the late eighties/early nineties that emanated from Los Angeles with bands like the Chili's and Jane's Addiction, both who were so important in the eventual success of the Seattle Grunge Scene. I'm also studying this trying to put light on the influence of drugs on the entire scene, from the use by some of the artists involved, to the potential influence the drug 'epidemic' happening in Los Angeles, Seattle and many other cities in the US might have had on the popularity and acceptance of these scenes.

If you guys could please take just a few moments out your day to answer these six questions, I would be so grateful! They just require one word answers, though if anyone would like to add any additional info to any answers, please feel free to, though this is in no way obligatory!

Thanks guys, and if anybody wants any further info on anything I've said or presented please feel free to either ask here or privately, and I'll get back to you immediately (time zone permitting!). Oh, and even if you think you can only answer one or two questions, please still take part, as all information is valuable to my research!

Many regards, James.

(The questions... please note any reference to 'Alternative' relates to either the LA Scene mentioned/ or the Seattle Grunge scene)

1. What was the first 'Alternative' album you heard during the era mentioned?

2. Which city/country were you in when you heard this album?

3. Were you using any recreational drugs around the time you became a fan of this musical scene? (YES, NO, DON'T KNOW)

4. If so do you feel this had any impact on you becoming a fan of this musical scene?(YES, NO, DON'T KNOW, N/a)

5. Which band/artist do you feel was most responsible for the emergence and popularity of 'Alternative' music in this era?

6. Finally, do you feel the drug (crack) epidemic happening in cities such as Los Angeles, Seattle and many other US cities contributed to the success/acceptance of 'Alternative' music in the late eighties to early nineties? (YES, NO, DON'T KNOW)

Thanks so much guys, I look forward to reading your responses, and if anyone would prefer to answer these questions privately please just PM me or answer via email ([email protected]).

Many regards, James.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online