Queensryche (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As did I as well as Hear in the Now Frontier. Those 2 of their more older material are under rated.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Geoff Tate’s Queensryche Releases First Single ‘Cold’

SOURCE LINK

As seen above, Geoff Tate’s Queensryche has released the first single (‘Cold’) from their upcoming album, ‘Frequency Unknown’, due April 23.

And by all accounts, it looks as though Tate’s version of the band will draw first blood in getting a new Queensryche record to market. The “other” Queensryche, led by vocalist Todd La Torre released their first single ‘Redemption’ in February. La Torre’s Queensryche will release their record in June.

Tate hasn’t entirely had the easiest go in getting his version of Queensryche off the ground. Last week, we reported that fan complaints around the sound of the upcoming record prompted Tate’s label to hire producer Billy Sherwood to remix the album. But before Sherwood could even twiddle one knob on a studio console, he bailed from the project in favor of working with William Shatner. We kid you not.

‘Frequency Unknown’ will boasting guest appearances from former Megadeth member Chris Poland, former Slayer and Testament drummer Paul Bostaph as well as Judas Priest founding member K.K. Downing among others.

Reaction score
Geoff Tate’s Queensryche Releases First Single ‘Cold’

SOURCE LINK

As seen above, Geoff Tate’s Queensryche has released the first single (‘Cold’) from their upcoming album, ‘Frequency Unknown’, due April 23.

And by all accounts, it looks as though Tate’s version of the band will draw first blood in getting a new Queensryche record to market. The “other” Queensryche, led by vocalist Todd La Torre released their first single ‘Redemption’ in February. La Torre’s Queensryche will release their record in June.

Tate hasn’t entirely had the easiest go in getting his version of Queensryche off the ground. Last week, we reported that fan complaints around the sound of the upcoming record prompted Tate’s label to hire producer Billy Sherwood to remix the album. But before Sherwood could even twiddle one knob on a studio console, he bailed from the project in favor of working with William Shatner. We kid you not.

‘Frequency Unknown’ will boasting guest appearances from former Megadeth member Chris Poland, former Slayer and Testament drummer Paul Bostaph as well as Judas Priest founding member K.K. Downing among others.

While i'm listening to this on my laptop with it's quarter sized speakers, I must say i'm pleasantly surprised with this. It sounds a little generic but still sounds solid and it's a lot heavier than I expected. :tup:

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
I had never heard anything by Queensryche other than "Silent Lucidity" and "Empire" until last week when I found the "Empire" album on a bargain bin price on a recent jaunt out to Liverpool.

I am absolutely blown away by how brilliant "Empire" is. I was always put off them as a kid by their "progressive" billing but the songs on "Empire" are actually very accessible and memorable. In fact there is only "Della Brown" that I dislike from the whole record.

I downloaded "Operation Mindcrime" as the only other album of worth I had heard of but have struggled with it at first listen (it is growing on me though).

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That song didn't impress me one bit to be honest.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The Cold tune Riff?? It's not REAL bad or anything. I thought it was closer to what fans would have wanted from them before all this break up mess.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.