Puressence [Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
PURESSENCE....Alternative rock band.Formed Manchester UK .
Years active 1992....split Nov 2013

Whats the matter with me of late I seem to be getting into Alternative rock bands that have recently split up...The Mars Volta,Chapel Club and now Puressence !

Puressence were a band that had completely missed my musical radar:pullhair: .Its only very recently that I have discovered them.They released several singles and 5 albums.The first 3 albums were released on Island records,the second album touched the album charts at no.36 in the U.K
They did get to play dates in the U.S but their main success was in GREECE where they had 2 albums that reached no 4 and supported the likes of Depeche Mode.Iggy Pop and Suede.

James Mudriczki...vocals
Neil McDonald [ to 2003] guitars / Lowell Killen guitars
Kev Matthews...bass
Tony Szuminski...drums

Discography

Puressence....1996
Only forever...1998
Planet helpless...2002
Don't forget to remember...2007
Sharpen up the knives........2009

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there remember this band ? Have a listen to the tracks...some musical feedback please....what do you think ?
I have their 3rd album "Planet Helpless", with the second album ordered

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Yes Lou, this band is definitely up my street and I can hear the Placebo thing too. Like you say, what is it with them breaking up just as we get to hear and like them :uh: I will be looking into more of their music for sure :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling PURESSENCE will reform again sometime. For a band to be together 21 years and have only one line up change is very impressive and shows how close this band were.
The 2nd album has been having some play and at times is very annoyingly commercial, with Manic Street Preachers influences. Mudriczkis vocals are impressive reminding me of a younger Demis Roussos at times with his vocal vibrato_Overall still a good album.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
2 More cracking tracks by PURESSENCE,from their debut album from 1996 :grinthumb

Fire/India

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Just purchased their debut album. Excellent ! Probably their best .One bonus of getting into a band that have split is that you can often pick up the cds cheap. This one cost me just £1-50 .Bargain!! :grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Have had a listen to a few tracks Lou, they don't sound too bad at all, not sure if I would buy any of their albums but they have got something going on:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I agree with you Soot...on some of their songs SAVAGE GARDEN do come to mind. Another in my mind was Placebo and for some reason 80s pop band TALK TALK.Thanks Soot ,Sweaty and Sunny for checking them out. :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I bumped into my old friend Jason from Sheffield electro band The Silent Age at a gig n Manchester watching Chameleons Vox,....turns out hes a massive PURESSENCE fan !! Bless him hes sent me some of their later material to check out.He also told me about a band forming featuring ex Chameleons musicians and featuring James Mudriczki vocalist from Puressence........the album is now out "Endless sea" very impressive :grinthumb.The band are called THE RED SIDED GARTER SNAKES

Crack in a paper cup -Red sided garter snakes

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.