Poison (Official Thread)

Pat Catalano

Reaction score
Re: Poison

Poison was a great band. I hate to use the term "HAIR BAND" as apposed to what "BALD HEAD BAND"? I just say rock and roll. The "Glam" look actually came in the are because the bands were so broke when they were playing the strip in LA, they had no money for stage clothing and the Strippers the guys were.... ill use the word "Dating" as a pun i guess, but the strippers the bands were banging actually were dressing the guys besides giving them shelter and food lol. so that whole look derived from the girls the guys were all with at the time. Interesting fact i learned when i watched a documentary on VH1 about the women behind the rockers back in the 80"s

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I always liked Poison up until they reunited with CC Deville. Most fans know that CC left in the early 90's and Poison put out a couple of studio albums without him. Native Tongue and Crack A Smile & More were both pretty good entries in their discography.

Everything they've recorded since 1999, when Deville returned, has been really lazy and uninspired. People here who don't particularly like Poison are just going to say "Ok. So what's new?" but anyone who actually gives a hoot about the band would agree the guys in Poison used to put effort into their earlier work, especially Bret Michaels. For better or worse, he's had to carry most of the load for them over their career.

The problem with CC is that he has always thought he is bigger than the band and is obsessed with being the "star." Just to get him back in the damn band to help with concert and album sales, Bret Michaels more or less had to allow him to sing lead vocals on some songs from their next two studio albums after he returned.

And yet, people "wonder" why certain bands who are long in the tooth sometimes are content to settle for replacing departed key members with anonymous session players or touring musicians who keep their mouths shut while on the road or in the studio.

Last edited:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Oh my god. I loved Poison as a kid.

I wore the living hell out of my "Look What the Cat Dragged In" cassette. So much, in fact, that if I stumbled upon it, and even looked at it funny, it would probably start to cry. It's been a long time since I've spun the CD version, because that kind of thing isn't really in my artistic ballpark anymore (and I grew tired of the album like 10 years ago) but they were such a fun band.

I loved hearing them on the radio, too. They were the kind of band that your dad would want to smack up, but you fell in love with almost immediately.

(I still think Bret Michaels is one foxy man.) :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I always liked Poison up until they reunited with CC Deville. Most fans know that CC left in the early 90's and Poison put out a couple of studio albums without him. Native Tongue and Crack A Smile & More were both pretty good entries in their discography.

Funny but I started getting into Poison just a few years ago and Native Tongue and Crack a Smile were my favorites out of all I bought.. I caught CC on the Surreal Life (VH1 Reality Show) and my heart went out to him because he seemed to change for the better.. I also caught Poison with Cinderella a couple of years ago and was impressed with CC's guitar playing.. But I wondered why in the hell Bret kept giving him props when ever it was time for a CC guitar solo..
Anyways.. I guess I came onto them around the right time when all that probs were behind with CC and Bret.. But at the time of the 20th Anniversary tour, Bret and Bassist Bobby Dall couldn't stand each other and just to see them avoid each other on stage was a joke.. They were here in Tampa Florida where Bobby was from so he was a bit pumped to say the least.. But a good concert..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Have 2 of their albums, Look What The Cat Dragged in and Fresh & Blood.
They have some killer songs.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I was watching the POISON Videos DVD..and spun their second album. You know, I have to be inthe mood for these guys, but as much as they get knocked on, they were not a bad band and will go down in classic rock history based on the tunes alone.

I think anyone with a reality show should dump it and then more respect would follow.

I WAN'T ACTION

CRY TOUGH (video)

fat.man

Reaction score
I used to listen to Poison as a kid, on radio broadcast from neighbouring China. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand Mandarin then, so I didn't know which band it was.

I rediscovered Poison again when the track "Nothing But a Good Time" played in Harold and Kumar (the scene where Neil Patrick Harris goes to a brothel). It was a nostalgic shocks. I couldn't stop listening to it. The other favourite is "Your Mama Don't Dance" and pretty much every track in "20 Years of Rock".

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I used to listen to Poison as a kid, on radio broadcast from neighbouring China. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand Mandarin then, so I didn't know which band it was.

I rediscovered Poison again when the track "Nothing But a Good Time" played in Harold and Kumar (the scene where Neil Patrick Harris goes to a brothel). It was a nostalgic shocks. I couldn't stop listening to it. The other favourite is "Your Mama Don't Dance" and pretty much every track in "20 Years of Rock".

Poison does have some great songs..I've seen them in concert with Cinderella and was shocked they opened for Poison.. But the crowd was on their feet the whole time.. Brett really pumps up the crowd..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online