Poets Of The Fall

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OOOoooo! They sound right up my alley. Which album do you recommend starting with?

Edit: I have Twilight Theater....let ya know later how I like it :)

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Cool, glad you like them :)

Carnival Of Rust is my personal favourite, I don't think there's any songs on that album I don't like :) I also really like Signs Of Life, but not quite as much as Carnival.

I've only just got the other two albums, of which I have only listened to Revolution Roulette so far. I'm not too sure about that one at the moment, it was quite different, in my opinion, to the first two, still upbeat in the right places but a tad lacking in the pure, atmospheric feel that I love so much :( I will post an opinion on Twilight Theater once I've had a chance to listen to it :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:tup:

working on Carnival of Rust and Signs of Life....I will throw my opinion out after I listen to them both :)

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
I think you'll really like them :)

One thing I love about this band is their varying styles. I, personally, don't know of many bands who can switch from lively rock, to acoustic, to beautiful melodies, and back again :)

Two of my favourite examples, both songs originally taken from the Carnival Of Rust album...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
10sangy.jpg

The 2010 Album:

A beautiful song:

This song is psychedelic and also beautiful:

I have to give my seal of approval !

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Cool :)

I'll be listening to it myself tomorrow, left it a bit late to put it on tonight, so will post a review of my own in the morning :)

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Bit later than I'd intended, but I've listened to Twilight Theater now.

To be honest, I had a really difficult time getting into this album, as with its predecessor. Both albums are too different, to me, from the first two. I will keep trying though, as sometimes it takes a fair few listens before I can start to tolerate or even like an album, no matter how much I might love the band :(

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Twilight Theater is pretty good. My theory is, if you like the worst of a band's catalogue, then the good stuff will be epic :)

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
That's an interesting point...I don't find either of the albums to be bad, they are good, just not doing anything for me right now :( I hope I can come round to them eventually, sometimes it just takes time :(

On that note, have you listened to either of the first two albums yet? I'm listening to Signs Of Life right now :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online