53213.jpg

Official Website

Can't Take Me Home (2000)
Missundaztood (2001)
Try This (2003)
I'm Not Dead (2006)
Funhouse (2008)
The Truth About Love (2012)

I looked everywhere and didn't see a thread for Pink, which I found surprising. If there already is one somewhere, feel free to merge.

Pink made her debut in 2000 with "There You Go" and has maintained her spunky, fun demeanor ever since and has evolved into a respected music artist with various musical accolades including 3 Grammys. Her music has evolved from hip-hop based to pop rock over the years and her 2008 album "Funhouse", which was released after her separation from her husband and seemingly based on that experience is her best work in my opinion.

(You'll have to forgive my vague intro, but I got about 4.5 hours of broken sleep last night and my creative juices aren't exactly flowing right now. :bonk:)

Here are some of Pink's best known hits.

Continued...​

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: The Official Pink Thread

I will be back here to post a few of my favorite songs. I've given her a listen here and there, and some of her stuff is very catchy.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

I used to like a couple of Pink songs. Now I just think of her as a pop star.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

There's a lot more I could put here. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I used to like a couple of Pink songs. Now I just think of her as a pop star.

Pink is pop rock. I can see why people would categorize her as pop though. However, unlike most other pop stars Pink draws influence from her life and experiences. I've always appreciate that about her. Like I said before, Funhouse is her best IMO and came after the separation from her husband and you can see the influence that had on her album.

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

:bow: ILJP you are my girl! She is another favorite of mine! Pink has always kept such a strong presence on the music scene for sometime now! She is a brilliant stage performer as well as singer! I love the variety in her songs, from the heart pumping, jump up party songs to more of soulful, heartfelt songs like "Dr. Mr President" which has a strong message. I haven't got any of her album's but I do download a lot of her hits over the years. Glad you made this thread :grinthumb I'll post some of my favorite songs a little later.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I really like a lot of Pink's songs. She also puts on a great performance. I saw her when she toured here a year or so ago and she gives her all to her fans :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I like a lot of Pink stuff. She knows how to direct her career, who to work with for songwriters, how to change things up and has a great husky voice! :grinthumb On the other hand my Mom LOVES Pink so I guess she should join just to comment in this thread! :heheh: Anyway, I only own one Pink album but want to get more. I had to get the "I'm Not Dead" album for this track which is my favorite one she's ever done! Politics aside (Zzzzzzz) it's a beautiful song! :grinthumb

Dear Mr. President

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

She does put on a good performance! The one that sticks out in my mind is the trapeze performance from the 2009 VMA's for "Sober"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I really liked the "****ing Perfect" song she put out earlier this year but there is one part that I really hate in it. The video is good, the message is good, the writing is good but then, for no reason, there is this rap breakdown that Pink does in the middle of the song about drinking ice cold beer. What the hell? :wtf:

:ec::ec:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.