Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There are a lot of similarities SK,,,not sure if Hetfield & Co. intentionally did that or it just happened naturally. I don't think David or PF filed any legal action claiming plagiarism...:dunno:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
To my knowledge the only time anyone from Pink Floyd got up in arms about them getting ripped off was when Roger got furious with Andrew Lloyd Webber because the main theme to Phantom of the Opera is nearly the same as a riff from "Echoes".

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Never heard that comparison before but I can hear similarities.

I don't think David would mind though: He blatantly ripped off a line from The Doors' Love Street and stuck it in Fat Old Sun. ("Summer sunday and a year")

The most discussed PF rip off is the one mentioned by Cosmic:

TB_

Reaction score
Is there any places where I can see who wrote which songs? I want to compare David and Rogers' songwriting.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Is there any places where I can see who wrote which songs? I want to compare David and Rogers' songwriting.

Roger Waters is credited with writing most of the songs for PF right up to "The Final Cut". I'm sure the rest of the guys contributed to making the songs as well but there is no denying Roger was the lyricist behind the band's success.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Waters wrote most of the lyrics, but Wright and Gilmour made contributions which are difficult to identify. I always think Rick's linking passages on The Wall live album are inventive, yet he was no longer a member of the band.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Was Wright NOT in the band on The Wall...as a member I mean?? Big Floyd fan here but I think that piece of information passed me over or I wasn't paying attention.

Interesting.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
He was sacked and then hired as a session musician for The Wall shows. His playing is outstanding and he was the only one to make money, which seemed like divine justice.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturoThre

Members online

No members online now.