Pink Floyd Announce Vinyl Catalog Reissue Campaign

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Pink-Floyd-Album-Covers1.jpg

Pink Floyd‘s entire catalog is returning to vinyl for the first time in decades.

Starting June 3, the group plans to roll out a comprehensive reissue campaign via its catalog distribution imprint, Pink Floyd Records. It’s set to begin with The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, the More soundtrack and Ummagumma. According to a press release, more reissues will follow throughout the year, with release dates to be announced “at regular intervals.”

Pink Floyd Records’ distribution deals will see the new LPs issued through Warner Music in the U.K. and Europe and Sony Music’s Columbia imprint in North America and the rest of the world. “We’re proud to continue to support one of the world’s greatest and most influential bands,” enthused Warner chairman Max Lousada. “This is an exciting new chapter in our long-standing partnership with Pink Floyd and we look forward to working with them to help curate their remarkable body of work.”

“We are proud to continue the long standing relationship in North America and beyond between Columbia Records and Pink Floyd,” added Columbia chief Howard Stringer. “We are excited to work together with the band on their incredible musical legacy.”

Promising “special care” with the new reissues of the band’s classic releases, the reissue announcement notes that the albums’ original packaging will be replicated and adds that each title will be pressed on 180g vinyl. CD, digital and streaming editions of Pink Floyd’s albums are unaffected by the campaign and will remain available through their current platforms.

Read More: Pink Floyd Announce Vinyl Catalog Reissue Campaign | Pink Floyd Announce Vinyl Catalog Reissue Campaign

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
How many more re-issues are there going to be? It's all about -

- not for the band, but for the corporates

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
This one is a bit of a puzzle for me. Clearly, none of the Floyd guys need any more money than they already have, and they are all involved in substantial charity projects. Looking at Floyd message boards there seems to be an even split between those who welcome this, and those who see it as a cash generator. Personally I welcome it, and I may well replace all of my old vinyl copies, some of which are a bit tatty to say the least :gig

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense, I mean vinyl is a rising market so why wouldn't they re-release the albums? I've seen new copies of Darkside, Wish and the like in stores for years so they've clearly been re-released but a lot of these albums probably haven't been printed since the 70s.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Cool, now maybe I can pick up Gates & The Wall for a reasonable price.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
Sadly I doubt it will be analogue on the records!!

roadgliderobert

Reaction score
Best news in rock along with Coachella concert in October

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online