Phosphorescant (Indie Folk Rock, Jam Band)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Phosporescent
my-morning-jacket-590x470.jpg

4832340403_8ea2db72ed.jpg

This is a band by Alabama resident Matthew Houck who's got an album Muchacho coming out this year:

phosphorescent-muchacho.jpg

It's said that Matthew was going through a lot of depression during the making of this record. Musically though it still remains soulful and vibrant. I think this would appeal to fans of light jammy folk and indie folk bands like Wilco, Edward Sharpe, Ryan Adams, etc.

Song For Zula

The Quotidian Beast (Studio & Live)

Hej, Me I'm Light

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I really like Song For Zula even just after one listen. The bass is like a heartbeat all the way through the song and yes, it is a very soulful song. I've listened to the other songs but they don't have the same instant appeal ..................... maybe after a few more listens ...........................

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I really like Song For Zula even just after one listen. The bass is like a heartbeat all the way through the song and yes, it is a very soulful song. I've listened to the other songs but they don't have the same instant appeal ..................... maybe after a few more listens ...........................

I started with The Quotidian Beast but I agree that Song For Zula is great and has that quality that hooks you! That's why I posted it first! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online