Peter Green (Official Thread)

ukuleleman

Reaction score
I heard many times that BB King said about Peter Gren was that Peter gives him the sweats. So Peter Green must of been that good for BB King to say that. Also The Beatles liked Peter Green so much that they named a song after him titled "Here Comes The Sun King". Peter Greens nickname back in the 60s was Green God.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
peter.gif

572px-Peter-Green.jpg

Peter Green on Wikipedia

Solo Albums

The End of the Game (1970)
In the Skies (1979)
Little Dreamer (1980)
Whatcha Gonna Do? (1981)
White Sky (1982)
Kolors (1983)
A Case for the Blues (with Katmandu) (1984)

Born in 1946 Peter Allen Greenbaum, made his mark with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers following in the footsteps of Eric Clapton. He quickly shifted up a gear from his days with Peter B's Looners and provided some incredible guitar work on the Hard Road album.

Soon becoming restless he took up with drummer Mick Fleetwood and slide guitar wizard Jeremy Spencer. Bob Brunning helped out on bass until John McVie became available, and so Fleetwood Mac hit the road.

Peter gave the rock/blues world some real highs and none other than the great BB King remarked about this amazing talent.

After the glory days Peter passed into a depressive state and dark days followed with the odd recording in various forms. However he reemerged in the 90's with The Splinter Group.

Peter Green is one of my favourite guitar players ever, the tone he had in the 60's is just the best. :cheers2

Pete is the man :grinthumb

I agree Sox, when I saw him some years ago with the splinter group he just blew me away, I have always loved The Original Fleetwood Mac and to see him live was so amazing, he put the hairs on the back of my neck straight up. It is like a wave of emotion like no other. It was a rare treat to see him (twice) and I have seen some guitarists. The first and second Fleetwood Mac albums are in the top 20 albums of all time, in fact all their stuff on Blue Horizon records is fantastic.

Good thread Sox!!

@Sox thanks for the Peter Green Thread just found it...

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ The ones I've heard and the material I have I like, same with the Splinter Group stuff but his Blues Breakers and Fleetwood Mac era guitar/vocal work is just STELLAR.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
^^^ The ones I've heard and the material I have I like, same with the Splinter Group stuff but his Blues Breakers and Fleetwood Mac era guitar/vocal work is just STELLAR.

to right Sox...:bow::grinthumb

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I thought this might be a better place for this than the FM thread, or a new thread.

Mick Fleetwood and Friends....and what friends, celebrate the music of Peter Green.

I don't get a ton of concert blu-rays, but I think this is a must have.

The Green Manalishi (with the two prong crown)

Rattlesnake Shake

Albatross

E-Z

Reaction score
I went into FOPP record shop in the west end of London last Monday morning which is one along with a couple of other independent record shops in Soho in the west end of central London that are still trading anyway a couple of new Peter Green cds (one a single and one a double cd) plus there vinyl counterparts were on display in the shop and is obviously a retrospective look back at Peter's career with a picture of Peter on the front of the cds and vinyl albums featuring Peter with long hair and a Gibson circa 1969-70

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online