PAUL STANLEY Says Original KISS Lineup Will Never Reunite

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
PAUL STANLEY would never be friends with PETER CRISS or ACE FREHLEY again. The KISS singer would never allow the band's former guitarist and drummer - who left in the 80s, but rejoined the band between 1996 and 2002 and 2001 respectively - to play with the group again and claims they were never very close even in their 70s heyday.

Paul exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "Friends? No I was never really friends with them. The band was never about friendship, the band was about commitment to a cause, but friendship? We were all very different people.

"I loved them for what we created together, I certainly don't love them today. But the band as it is today is far more the embodiment of what we started than what we became."

When asked when he had last spoke with his former bandmates, Paul said: "I spoke to Ace probably three years ago. Peter I haven't spoken to in probably a decade."

band_original.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good!! I like the current lineup just fine!! We have Monster coming out,we have KISSology 4...great time to be a KISS fan. :grinthumb

They made good music in the past,it just didn't work anymore.

Last edited:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
It is what it is, I guess, but I wish that the two new guys would stop dressing like Peter and Ace. If the current line-up is all that great then let them stand on their own, with their own identity.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me. We have great music that the original 4 made together and great music with the other various lineups. I liked the original makeup era and I like the non-makeup era. (by like I mean "LOVE").

And anyone who wants to get huffy about this needs to REALLY get a grip. I had the same attitude when Paul McCartney got married last year and people getting pissy about him not inviting Cynthia and/or her kids. WTF for? I can name only one person that I currently work with that I'd ever even considering doing anything with outside of work. Some people I work with I get along with, others I don't. It's work. I don't go there to be pals with people, but rather to earn a paycheck and take care of what DOES matter most to me, which is my family.

Some may call Paul's comment's callus, but I just think of it the same way I think of my own co-workers. Paul and Gene have a friendship, but I still believe they have more of a working relationship than a buddy/buddy relationship.

*shrug* JM2CW

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There usually is "No Going Back" in life, and if you do revisit the past it is never quite the same as you remembered it. That's true for bands as well I think and I have no problem with Paul saying it straight, he didn't diss either Ace or Peter just honest about not really staying in touch with either of them.

I think their early material is still the best, but they are making good music now and the fans coming out to see them tour shows how revered they are in the music business four decades and counting.:rs:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^True enough, you can't rule out old bands getting together for a special event but for a full length support tour...that is a different beast altogether.

I do have Ace Frehley's solo album now...Lynch and MP think it's the best of the lot but I haven't made time to listen to it. Peter Criss...KISS fanatics may hate me but I never really liked "Beth", which is his biggest claim to fame. Paul Stanley's solo CD might end up in the library eventually, MP figures I would like that one as well. It's all a matter of time...as usual there is never enough to get to everything.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I like Peter Criss promarily as a solid drummer with fairly cool fill ideas. As a student of Gene Krupa he came by it honestly. I also cannot imagine most of the songs he sings on being sung by anyone else. Black Diamond is one of the premier Kiss songs as far as I'm concerned and he never failed to wail out cool songs while keeping a rock solid beat unless he was too crocked to even walk straight.

I can understand their frustration with Ace and Peter doing the typical rock star thing while they kept their eyes on the prize but to me anything I have ever heard with other members fall far short of the first four studio albums and the first live album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.