That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
clonezonelink.com

eqs0azzwk_stanleytour.jpg

Moses Horowitz

Los Angeles (API) - Representatives of Australian heavy metal band AC/DC announced today that longtime KISS frontman Paul "Starchild" Stanley will replace departed vocalist Brian Johnson for the remaining dates of their Rock Or Bust tour. The announcement caught Stanley's KISS bandmates by complete surprise: When contacted by telephone, KISS bassist Gene Simmons said, "He never gave any warning at all. This is not fair baseball." Simmons stated that the band was getting ready to enter the studio to work on a new album, but "that probably won't happen any time soon, if ever".

Read more: KISS Kruise Cancelled

In a statement to the press, AC/DC guitarist, and only remaining original member Angus Young said that "Stanley is the perfect choice" to replace Johnson, who has been ordered by his doctors to cease touring immediately due to extensive hearing loss. "Those who only know Stanley from back in the seventies might not think his vocal style fits our material, but if you've heard him sing lately, he sounds uncannily like Brian" said Young, adding, "Hopefully he can learn the rhythm guitar parts as well. This tour started off on a gloomy note, and Stevie (Young, Angus' nephew and rhythm guitarist) has taken it pretty hard. I would be best just to send him home and run out the tour as a quartet". Asked whether Stanley would don his trademark makeup and costume on the tour, Young replied, "I have no idea".

Read more: AC/DC No Stranger To Tragedy

The tour began under a pall as original rhythm guitarist and Angus' brother, Malcolm Young, was sidelined by a diagnosis of dementia, while original drummer Phil Rudd was arrested for drug possession and soliciting murder.

The Rock or Bust tour resumes on May 1 in Atlanta.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
If true, a very weird choice. Paul's vocals are nothing like Brian's, as opposed to Marc Storace or Paul Shortino.

Is that Gene I smell burning? Never thought I'd hear a negative thing out of his big mouth about Paul.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
April Fools pranks get so predictable.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida