Paul McCartney Quote

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Ok Beatle historians...one time Paul McCartney said he was talking to a guy about one of his heavier songs...the guy said something like I didn't know you played stuff like that and then Paul said "Well where have you been the last 20 years"...where the hell is that from...do I own it? :pullhair:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Paul has been an absolute musical genius,at least potentially capable of pulling off anything he wants.The inspiration for
Helter Skelter" came from a review of a Who performance or album where the reviewer complained about the high volume of the sound."Skelter" was Paul actually trying to write as loud and obnoxious a song as he could.Of course in the process because he's such a genius,he actually created a really good hard rock tune.He was certainly quite capable of rocking out quite well.Take his vocal performance on "Abbey Road's" "Oh Darling",where he intended on screaming so loudly,he rehearsed the song's heavy vocal style for a good while before laying the track down,just as John Lennon made sure "Twist and Shout" was the last song recorded for the "Please Please Me" album because he was worried that if he did it before some of the other songs,his voice would have been too worn out to truly successfully record them.Also,take Paul's vocal performance on "Long Tall Sally" and "Kansas City".This boy could rock!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yes Paul is talented. This quote is in some sort of video or program. Anyone know?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another one was I was watching Paul is Live New World DVD and they have the peta segment at the end...I was expecting to see baby chicks coming down a treadmill but it didn't happen...then I'm thinking it's in a Paul video??? Not that I like that type of footage...it just came to me watching something else

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That last footage was Back In The USSR from Paul McCartney's Get Back movie

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online