Ozzy Wants To Record The Ultimate Black Sabbath Album

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
Though deep in the trenches of a massive solo tour, Ozzy Osbourne still has thoughts of his once and future band, Black Sabbath. Speaking on Los Angeles' KLOS, Osbourne talked about the possibility of another Sabbath album.

"I often get asked this question," said the Prince of Darkness, who will be playing at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on February 1. "Will there ever be a [new Black Sabbath studio] album?" One thing I can say for definite [is that] we are all talking, we are all friends. But the pressure on my half is, it's been 30 years since we did a studio album. If it's not something extra, extra special, the people are gonna go, "We waited 30 years [for this??!]" But before my life's over, I would love... my dreamis to do the ultimate Black Sabbath album. I would love to do that."

As for living up to what the band accomplished in their original incarnation, Osbourne used a culinary metaphor.

"It's like a flavor of ice cream. You like Ben and Jerry's vanilla. And then all of a sudden, they have Ben and Jerry's Super Vanilla, but it ain't that much" you can't see what's super, you know what I mean" The pressure on you" But all you gotta do is relax and let it happen, you know?"

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hummm........I think he should just leave well enough alone and not try to promote an "Ultimate" album where he sets the stage up for disappointment.

Although, I could dig one last Sabbath album :tup:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
It would be nice to see them at least give it a try.. Not real sure what to expect so hope it turns out to be something that stands by itself in today's market..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have the utmost confidence that a reunion with the old band could produce a good album...but the expectations of the "Ultimate Black Sabbath" record is not realistic.

I would say write some songs and get together have some fun and do it, while you still can.:rock:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Bah, he has been making this claim for ten years now.

I could have cut-and-paste any of 4-5 previous press releases from Ozzy on this very subject since 2001 until now.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I would love to see the four of them it get it together in the studio .. no hype, no messing just bang some good music out. They all know how to knock a good album together. One things for sure if they did I would be checking it out asap.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.