Ozzy Osbourne Cancels 2020 Tour to Pursue Medical Treatment

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
GettyImages-1202010492.jpg
Ozzy Osbourne has been forced to cancel his entire 2020 tour in order to seek additional medical treatments.

"I'm so thankful that everyone has been patient because I've had a shit year," the solo and Black Sabbath star said in a statement. "Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to Switzerland for treatment until April and the treatment takes six-eight weeks."

Osbourne launched the No More Tours 2 trek in April of 2018. However, the tour has been repeatedly postponed due to a series of injuries and health issues. In January the singer revealed that he has been battling Parkinson's disease since 2003.

Osbourne was still hoping to be ready for the tour to resume with a scheduled May 27 date in Atlanta, Georgia. "If I'm well enough, I'll work towards it. I'm having physical therapy every day, five days a week. I'm trying, doing the best I can. Neck surgery's not easy."

A month later, in consideration of the ticket buying fans who have already dealt with rescheduled tour dates, Osbourne has decided to err on the side of caution. "I don't want to start a tour and then cancel shows at the last minute, as it's just not fair to the fans. I'd rather they get a refund now and when I do the North American tour down the road, everyone who bought a ticket for these shows will be the first ones in line to purchase tickets at that time."

As noted above, fans who purchased No More Tours 2 tickets will have first access to tickets when the singer's next tour is announced.

Ordinary Man, Osbourne's first solo studio album in a decade, will be released this Friday, Feb. 21.

Read More: Ozzy Osbourne Cancels 2020 Tour to Pursue Medical Treatment | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy-osbourne-cancels-tour/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I've said it before and will say it again, it's time for Ozzy to retire or at least semi-retire. I just can't see him doing a whole tour ever again and I don't see the point either, considering his health. He’s done enough and doesn’t owe anyone anything. He should stay at home, perhaps drop an album now and then, if he has the strength to do so, and enjoy the rest of his days, of which there's hopefully still many!

Last edited:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I think I just red somewhere yesterday that Elton John is also having to cut short his farewell tour due to health issues..

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
European dates still on as things stand. I have a ticket for London. Very unlikely he'll make it I suspect.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Retirement would be fine with me. The new album is supposed to come out, this week I think. Which brings me to my thoughts on the timing of this announcement.

While Ozzy could very well not be able to perform (which is fine), I also know that Sharon is a ******* snake and it wouldn't surprise me at all that tour dates were canceled due to any number of reasons (the same tour was postponed in 2019), but at the top of her list would be a "COMEBACK and FULL RECOVERY TOUR". or possibly a "one final tour" tour after Ozzy makes a full recovery.

Am I an asshole for pointing out what a self-serving asshole she is? I'm pretty certain that by this point in his life, Ozzy is her puppet and does whatever her hand gestures allow.

If he really is too ill to perform, and this is 100% legit, then I hope he has a full recovery and just retires. As Sharp pointed out, make an album here or there he wants to, but end the grueling road gigs. He already has other health issues that limit his some of his ablities (parkinson's that he's had for several years). Enjoy the rest of your days Ozzy and spend some time in the sun and with the family.

Arkie

Reaction score
In March Ozzy's going to be here at SXSW. He's pushing his Documentary " The Nine Lives Of Ozzy Osbourne" I hope its not canceled.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online