Orianthi Panagaris

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Orianthi Panagaris is a 24 year old guitarist from Adelaide. She left school at 15 years old to focus on writing songs and performing. Her first support show was for Steve Vai when she was 15 and she jammed with Carlos Santana when she was 18. She tours constantly now and will be touring back home in Australia supporting John Mayer in April.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey Sunny, I never commented on this thread as I had nothing to add. I heard that she was a talented artist and the song was pretty good but I saw that she was playing guitar on Alice Cooper's "Schools Out" during the American Idol finale. Thought you'd want to check it out! :grinthumb

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I've met her! Only briefly, because her dad was selling us a car years ago, and she dropped by the car yard to drop something off, but she'd already jammed with Santana by this time, so I remembered that I'd met someone who jammed with Santana (my favourite guitarist at the time) and she later made it big. Good on her.

I think she was the guitarist for Jackson's "This Is It" concerts, which has landed her with the fame she now enjoys out this way.

Talented guitarist, but I'm mighty sick of hearing "According to You" on Adelaide radio. I could probably sing it word for word now. I should check out her lesser known songs, to see if there's anything that appeals to me more.

runtfan

Reaction score
She's cute and she seems to know her way around a guitar for sure...not much of a singer though.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

This....well this just didn't not amuse me. Orianthi's guitar work was good as were Alice's vocals but I can't help but feel like all of the other singers buried them with their Glee rip off vocals.

Keep in mind, this analysis is coming from quite possible the biggest musical theater fan on the forum.

I think she was the guitarist for Jackson's "This Is It" concerts, which has landed her with the fame she now enjoys out this way.

Yes she was. The put off releasing her debut album so that it would coincide with the release of "This Is It".

Overall I think Orianthi is a very talented guitarist, especially since rocking guitar work is pretty much a "Boys Only" Club. Can't say that's enough for me to want to listen to her music though because I just don't like other aspects of it. :confused:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
pretty good guitarist but there's something weird about her music thats a total turn off for me

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online