5. Rollin' Disaster
6. All Alone
7. Six Gun
8. Ghost Town
9. At Ease
10. Whiskey Dick
11. Color
12. Empty

It's Friday night in gator country and these rednecks are full of moonshine and are cruising in thier Chevy looking to put a beatin' on Black Label Society. Brass knuckles breaking heads and steel-toed boots stomping fingers.

rtr-4-star.gif

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
In a way I wasn't expecting this kind of heavy music. Or am I wrong you liking this kind of heavy shit? And good heavy shit it is!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
cookie monster growls in gator music :nw:

The music isn't too bad, though. A bit heavier than I am use to hearing from a southern band. I honestly don't think there is a genre to put this album into....southern heavy metal sounds good to me :heheh:

joe

Reaction score
In a way I wasn't expecting this kind of heavy music. Or am I wrong you liking this kind of heavy shit? And good heavy shit it is!!

cookie monster growls in gator music :nw:

The music isn't too bad, though. A bit heavier than I am use to hearing from a southern band. I honestly don't think there is a genre to put this album into....southern heavy metal sounds good to me :heheh:

Sounds good to me Magic but ef nailed it..."good heavy shit". I'm throwing a patent on it. A new sub-genre. ef, I'll cut ya in for...say...10%. ;)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
No where near as heavy as a lot of "new south" southern hard rock/ metal gets but pretty decent stuff, Joe.

EDIT: BTW if they do run into BLS Zakk and the boys will be handing them their asses. :D

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
No where near as heavy as a lot of "new south" southern hard rock/ metal gets but pretty decent stuff, Joe.

EDIT: BTW if they do run into BLS Zakk and the boys will be handing them their asses. :D

Absotutley there is heavier stuff out there. "Good heavy shit" is a big bucket that many different sub-genres/styles/sounds/elements/etc. can be dumped into. Keeping it simple and trying to have some fun without going into the never ending debate, arguement, discussion of what should be pigeon-holed where and why. For me, I equate it to one's own religious beliefs and political idealogy. People can beat each over the head trying to persuade or conform another and it usually results in both having a big headache. Besides, I've had too many blows to the head in my time.:bonk:

I could go on about sub-genres for...ever. No, not really, however it does become quite complex. Generation, geography, one's own criteria, personal interpretation of the definition/description of (sub) genres as some are very vague and thier umbrella encompassess many different sub-genres, styles, elements, etc. Personally I like description better as it allows the parameters to be more flexible as definition is more rigid. There is alot other variables that come into the equation for me placing artists/albums/songs into sub-genres. Most of the time I like to use numerous labels as it somewhat covers my azz. I'm not going to list ten tags to an artist as that would be ridiculous.

For the most part listing a few sub-genres, giving examples of comparisons to other artists/albums/songs and a few vids is about all I'm going to do and if that is not enough, well that's too bad, unless of course if I'm doing a in-depth review. I'm not going to type out a 1000 word review on every post. Besides, I'm so brutality slow on the keys, it's agonizing.:D I didn't take typing in high school.:heheh:

I don't know who would win that brawl. I haven't listened to too much BLS. Only a few vids. I'm just taking a poke at the more recognizable bands in my parody. All in good fun. Basically, I'm just entertaining myself.

BTW, I was planning on doing a southern rock thread but I ended up bolting>banned>retired.:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe but Sludge is sludge ... it's a FAR heavier, dirtier, doomier, grimier, sound then a simple hard rock band ..not sure why the sub-genre thing is being brought up here but I'm done with that other then to say sludge is far sludgier then anything that has been posted at this site unless I'm missing a band or two in the metal "basement" that Numb posted.
I know Down and Lair of the Minotaur are in there and they have pretty strong sludge elements but most of it is "sludgier" then that even. It's like calling something Death metal ..it either is or it isn't ..it's not just an opinion.

I was just joking around about the ass kickin' thing as well. A southern heavy rock/ metal thread is a cool Idea. I can help ya with it if you want to do it.
I'm sure Numb would join in as I know hes into a lot of southern stuff.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe but Sludge is sludge ... it's a FAR heavier, dirtier, doomier, grimier, sound then a simple hard rock band ..not sure why the sub-genre thing is being brought up here but I'm done with that other then to say sludge is far sludgier then anything that has been posted at this site unless I'm missing a band or two in the metal "basement" that Numb posted.
I know Down and Lair of the Minotaur are in there and they have pretty strong sludge elements but most of it is "sludgier" then that even. It's like calling something Death metal ..it either is or it isn't ..it's not just an opinion.

I was just joking around about the ass kickin' thing as well. A southern heavy rock/ metal thread is a cool Idea. I can help ya with it if you want to do it.
I'm sure Numb would join in as I know hes into a lot of southern stuff.

I didn't state in any of my posts in this thread that this artist/album is sludge. If you want to label it as sludge. Fine by me. TBH, I couldn't care a less. I'm leaving it at that.

Ever since I've returned here in most of my threads/posts you have just grinded me on most everything. Like a nagging wife. Like that yippy dog that use nip my ankles when I used to deliver papers when I was 12 years old.

I'm not sure who are trying to impress(?). Most members know that you and METALPRIEST are the resident metal gurus. I don't pretend I'm an expert on metal or any genre.

Like I stated in my introduction when I came back I'm not looking for or engaging in BS.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.