Review Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More From The Road - Deluxe Edition (2001)

album review

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I always liked Freebird and never tire of hearing it live. I've got the first album, expanded, and Street Survivors. This live deluxe would be a welcome addition to my collection.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get around to buying it.
I've worn out so many copies that I'm sure my current one won't be my last.
It's a stand bye to say the least.
Campfire, beers and live Skynyrd.
It must be summer.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get around to buying it.
I've worn out so many copies that I'm sure my current one won't be my last.
It's a stand bye to say the least.
Campfire, beers and live Skynyrd.
It must be summer.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I bought this album when it first came out back in the 70's, and I also bough the cd when IT first came out, too. As we all know, the single-disc cd omitted the song "Travelin' Man" due to time limitations -- a huge bummer!

So when the two-cd set was released, I quickly snagged that, too -- not just for the addition of "Travelin' Man" but also for the two additional songs left off the original release on vinyl, "Simple Man" and "Gimme Back My Bullets". I always liked the studio versions of those songs, and the live versions are awesome!

But what I like as much as anything else about the two-disc set is it (supposedly) follows the set list of the concert at The Fox Theater.

The songs on the original cd from the 80's matched the songs on the double album for continuity, but I like the re-release's original concert song sequence much better, in addition to the three additional songs which were previously not available on album or cd.

For anyone who still hasn't bought the re-release two-disc set... do it. You will not be disappointed! In fact, I guarantee it or my name isn't Dave78!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
For anyone who still hasn't bought the re-release two-disc set... do it. You will not be disappointed! In fact, I guarantee it or my name isn't Dave78!

Couldn't agree more and the same thing goes for the other deluxe reissues ("Street Survivors" and "Gimme Back My Bullets"). The 1997 reissue of "Second Helping" and the 2001 reissue of "(Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)" are also essential for collectors imo.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online