On not recognizing Syd Barrett..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedkelly

Reaction score
After not seeing someone you knew years ago to discover how that person has changed (to the one you knew) can be shocking. I am sorry but I think you have gotten completely the wrong end of the stick on this one (unless you have other first hand evidence apart from the video to support your view)
I perfectly got the meaning of their spineless words...they are simply ruthless and ignorant people.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see whats all the fuss is about, the reason for for not recognising him is expressly described by the band members as in the above video. The real spooky part is that Syd walked into the studio while they were doing 'Shine on you Crazy Diamond'. Its a great story.
Agreed it isn't a big deal.

loool

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Ned, I love Syd Barrett too, but don't you feel as if you're blowing this out of proportion? Syd's physical condition had deteriorated and he was ultimately, at least, certifiable. If the members are so rude and disrespectful, why is a decent portion of the band's content in his honor, a tribute? "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is all about Syd. And I'm fairly certain a portion of the band's earnings were still being sent Syd's way, despite him being out of the band.

If you want to be upset with anyone in the group, be upset with that horse-faced narcissist Roger Waters. He's a great writer but a terrible person.

nedkelly

Reaction score
Ned, I love Syd Barrett too, but don't you feel as if you're blowing this out of proportion? Syd's physical condition had deteriorated and he was ultimately, at least, certifiable. If the members are so rude and disrespectful, why is a decent portion of the band's content in his honor, a tribute? "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is all about Syd. And I'm fairly certain a portion of the band's earnings were still being sent Syd's way, despite him being out of the band.

If you want to be upset with anyone in the group, be upset with that horse-faced narcissist Roger Waters. He's a great writer but a terrible person.
Who cares what I think ? I only stick to the facts and they are: a bunch of so-called "friends" who don't recognize an old dear friend when they see one, no matter how sick or changed he is. It's only human.

nedkelly

Reaction score
I do agree you may be blowing it a bit out of proportion simply over not being recognised.
It's just that very few people see the meaning of friendship among members of a band. I think that if something like that had happened to, say...Keith Richards, Mick and the other lads would have recognized him even if he were skin and bones! Anyway, the fact remains that if only 1 or 2 of the band members hadn't recognized Syd, I might have understood....but ALL of them is simply unacceptable.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its really not that bad tbh. People can become unrecognisable to multiple friends. Even if it was that bad it's not really something the fans should really be concerned with imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online