Old Time Jukebox songs.. put a quarter in!!

Flower

retired
Reaction score
joesdiner_ted-boardman.gif

Ruby & the Romantics ~ Our Day Will Come

R ~ 11

h-wd0409-Ruby-s-Diner-sliders.jpg

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, my favourite pinball machine is back from the repair shop! I'll pop in a dime for a tune first:

Attachments

• A Gottlieb.jpg
    A Gottlieb.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 18

Flower

retired
Reaction score
The PCC Afterlife
(Last Modified on November 10, 2006 2:33 PM)
Text and Photos by James Bow.

Burger and Fries in a PCC
In the hamlet of Primrose, just east of the town of Shelbourne, is a diner called Super Burger. Located at the northwest corner of Highway 10 and Highway 89, the diner looks like any other diner... except that it has a PCC streetcar attached to it.

A lot of work has gone into incorporating former PCC 4341 into the diner structure. A glass passageway leads from the main building and into the front of the PCC. The PCC itself has been re-floored and has had its seating removed and diner chairs and tables put back in. Other than this, PCC 4341 retains most of its features. The windows are original, the advertising recalls the early 1980s, and the rear doors still open when you step down onto the treadle. The venue is quite popular with children.

To get to this unique diner, travel north on Highway 10 from Mississauga, past Orangeville towards Primrose and Shelbourne. Where Highway 10 meets Highway 89 and turns left, you will see the diner just left of the intersection, on the north side of Highway 89. You can also get there from Newmarket by travelling west along old Highway 9 towards the village of Orangeville. At Highway 10, turn right and head north towards Primrose and Shelbourne.

Super Burger makes nice char-broiled burgers, diner style fries and onion rings. For railfans, the venue may be worth an afternoon's outing.

streetcar-4006-15.jpg

The Rolling Stones ~ Tell Me Baby

R ~ 12

poutine.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online