Obscure Heavy Psych/Heavy Rock/Proto-Metal

joe

Reaction score
Little Free Rock is excellent prog/blues/psych. I'll be locating that somewhere, somehow.

Production on the Pussy singles sounds like it was recorded in the stone ages. No comparison to Jerusalem IMO.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ IMO bass and drums have that Jerusalem vein. But that's only single from vinyl, the full album is due to be released, I don't know when.

joe

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Gillan has anything to do with it's release(?).

I was just looking on your updated list Nolo and Piggy Go Better is an album released by Tear Gas.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I just had a chance to listen to 7 of Pussy samples from the forthcoming album, including Feline Woman ver II. I must agree though with joe, this band doesn't sound like Jerusalem. However it is still heavy, has some great riffs and cool solos. Riding Down The Red Flag is a rip off from Kamikaze Moth.

StonerSabbath

Reaction score
i came too late after be looking for all forum although here I am, Nololob know many obscure bands from the 60's and 70's, he recommend me a lot of good bands....

there i go with my recommendations :))

FREEDOMS CHILDREN.. one of the best heavy psych songs that i've heard.

cactus, these guys are totally the american zepp.

this band contains an explicit fuzz sound and heavy trio elements.

cheers,Jordan :cheers:

joe

Reaction score
^^^Some great albums. Guru Guru(listened to Kanguru just a few days ago), Cactus and Raw Power. I recognise Freedom Children and Hair though I have never heard the albums. Vulcan I don't know. I'll do some digging on the band.

joe

Reaction score
I just had a chance to listen to 7 of Pussy samples from the forthcoming album, including Feline Woman ver II. I must agree though with joe, this band doesn't sound like Jerusalem. However it is still heavy, has some great riffs and cool solos. Riding Down The Red Flag is a rip off from Kamikaze Moth.

What do you think Nolo? An album worth purchasing or just wait for a D/L?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
SS, in fact I forgot what was the first band I hooked you with on obscures. Some really good examples you put there. :grinthumb

joe, so far the band uploaded rough mix, I can't tell if this will end up on an album or they do proper mix. You can listen to them, if you have Facebook, on "Pussy Rock Band" page.

When it comes out I will definitely buy the new album. It's Rockadrome label, so it might take some time until someone will share to download.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online