joe

Reaction score
Re: Proto - Metal

I never take anybody too serious, including myself.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am the same Joe, life it much too short to take things seriously all the time.

I have to say that both of you have done a great job, two of my favorite threads to read when I log in are this one and your Obscure prog one. This is what I enjoy most about music discussions.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I'm just a music fan having some fun on the web by posting some of the
unknown music I really like . Heavy psych, heavy prog ,heavy blues ,fuzz, proto-doom , the mixture of all these musical forms ,whatever you wanna to term it .

Just having a bit of fun and not trying to be some kind of music expert or race or anything else. Just doing this for the sheer love of some unappreciated music and hopefully a few others might like a bit of it as well. If not whatever
I enjoy it so...

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That was how I see your thread, just an appreciation for some lesser known bands that we might not have heard of before.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Formed in 1969, Sweden as SPIDER and then changing their name in 1973 this underrated Scandinavian band ( a reoccurring theme during the era ) put out three awesome albums: A Dream of Glory and Pride- 1974, Two-1974, and their final effort, Reload- 1975. Melodic yet hard rocking with a bit of a progressive flair their rock & roll stew has some mean metallic riffing and lead work upping the ante.

NEON ROSE :

joe

Reaction score

I'm just a music fan having some fun on the web by posting some of the
unknown music I really like . Heavy psych, heavy prog ,heavy blues ,fuzz, proto-doom , the mixture of all these musical forms ,whatever you wanna to term it .

Just having a bit of fun and not trying to be some kind of music expert or race or anything else. Just doing this for the sheer love of some unappreciated music and hopefully a few others might like a bit of it as well. If not whatever
I enjoy it so...

I couldn't of said it better myself. No question we have the same appreciation of this music. By no means do I think I'm an expert. Like you, I have a fairly vast knowledge of these genres and enjoy posting some of these rare artists for others to hear and of course hearing the artists that you and others post that I have not heard or know of.

BTW, I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not. Maybe I should keep my big mouth shut. After all, the world doesn't revolve around me. At times I wish it did.:heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

^^ Let's just say I was feeling a bit edgy the other day due to the extreme
competitive nature of my work . I was also a little fed up with a couple
egoistical co-workers that to me seem very insecure because they will try to
"prove" themselves over the slightest little nothing things all day long.

So my statement has really nothing to do with the jokingly competitive posts
you made and more to do with my level of irritability at that given moment lol

Ignore me and carry on. :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score

^^^An ego is all attributed to insecurities. What is sad is that these people don't even see it.

I will do my best not to throw my sarcasm towards other members on the site as it can be misinterpreted, misconstrued, and lead to bad feelings. However I will chuck sarcasm at myself and maybe some artists and pieces of music.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Formed by lead guitarist and maniacal musical genius Terry Brooks in the swampy land of Fla. .This band put out two albums that I personally own, 1973's crazed electric psychedelic melt down known as Translucent World followed by 1976's Raw Power. Unfortunately I can not find "Ruler of The Universe" that I could have sworn I have seen on YouTube before (or many other songs from Translucent World for that matter ) but believe me it is a ripping melt your face off psychedelic lead fest that would make Jimi Hendrix turn green with envy. Also known as Terry Brooks & Strange they have a large discography
of later era material that can be purchased from Terry's personal company at their website. He is definitely still on my buy list

STRANGE :

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score

lol, no shit, they were next on my list. Tomorrow I will post Ursa Major. I'm off to watch the news. I need my fix. Political junkie.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online