Obscure Heavy Psych/Heavy Rock/Proto-Metal

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Proto - Metal

Formed in 1968 Berlin ,Germany this hard rocking outfit released their first slab in 1970 but are best known for their out put
between 71 to 75 .The 71 release was almost banned in Germany due to it's "shocking" cover art which depicted a huge spider in the process of devouring human babies . I snatched it up at my local used vinyl store out of the "import section" for that very reason .

BIRTH CONTROL :

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score

Here's a real gem I picked up on vinyl many years ago for a couple of bucks. From 1978, this is fantastic straight ahead heavy R&R.

joe

Reaction score

Wolf, you sure like the term "slab". For years when we caught a Chinook(King) Salmon over 25 pounds, when we landed it, "Holy s@#*, what a slab!".

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Slab is slang for a vinyl album here as is platter etc.

BTW I didn't listen to your last one because you called it R&B conjuring up images of Luther
Vandross ( or whatever 'is name is ) in my head . I finally listen to it and it ROCKS .

joe

Reaction score

Slab is slang for a vinyl album here as is platter etc.

BTW I didn't listen to your last one because you called it R&B conjuring up images of Luther
Vandross ( or whatever 'is name is ) in my head . I finally listen to it and it ROCKS .

Oh I know. I was just stating another defination I have applied to "slab" as to what I have already described in a previous thread that relates to music. Basically, just useless info:zzz:. Brought back good memories, that's all.

joe

Reaction score

Luther Vandross. There's a name I haven't heard for 20 years. Are you a fan Wolf?

joe

Reaction score

There's a quite array of different musical styles contained on this album. These are the three heaviest tracks off the Lp. Out of New York, Stark Naked from 1971.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Luther Vandross. There's a name I haven't heard for 20 years. Are you a fan Wolf?

Let me go on record with an infatacally ( spelling ? ) stated NO :D
No disrespect intended toward anyone who might be but that is why I said I resisted listening to your videos at first because of your r&b reference conjuring up those images in my head .

Fear not my fine feather friends. I shall return to this thread after a short break .

EDIT : Oh my mistake ! I read r&b but it actually says R&R . No wonder you got confused by my babbling :lmao:

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Dakillerwolf...you,Joe and people have filled this excellent thread at an alarming pace full of some real pearler obscure gems:grinthumb of early 70s rock bands.....i Cant keep pace :wa.....im still on page 5
Its holiday weekend....so I will hope to be catching up..checking out some more of these bands
Strangely enough....one of the best so far is the 1st band you mentioned TOAD....Very good...do you know any info?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.