Obscure Heavy Psych/Heavy Rock/Proto-Metal

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Proto - Metal

From 1974 Indiana , comes this rare, twin guitar attack led, heavy slab of proto-metal.
This is a highly sought after vinyl gem by both heavy rock and psych collectors which
commands an average asking price of $300.00.

PRIMEVIL :

Coming out of Liverpool ,England with a self financed debut in 1974 entitled Assassin.
These lads showcased an early metal sound something a bit similar to very early Judas Priest
( rocka rolla ) ,their biggest influence was reportedly Hawkwind, who can clearly be heard in the last example "Astral Traveller" .

PINNACLE :

joe

Reaction score

The three piece suite Journey to the Inside of the Sun from Clear Blue Sky s/t Lp is excellent. That was next on my list Wolf, you sinister son of a ..... Just kidding my friend:D. You have more of dark, diabolical thirst than I do.
It's all good:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score

Known more for the blues, Chicken Shack emerged from the second wave of the British blues revival of '67. Imagination Lady from 1972 might of well been Stan Webb's answer to Tony Mc Phee and the Groundhog's Split a year earlier(?).

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

New Mexico, was the home of this Sioux Indian band who on their one and only official release "Drive It" played a heavy blues / psych with a twin lead guitar attack crying out with frustration and aggression voicing their anger and disillusion w/ their poverty stricken reservation existences .They unfortunate would abandon their aggressive style and change their moniker to Xit in 1970.
They began playing a more traditional Indian music based rock and became the American Indian "voice" of the seventies on reservations all across the nation . I personally would have liked to have had a few more albums from them in their heavy psych blues style. From 1969 ...

LINCOLN STREET EXIT :

joe

Reaction score

^^^ I got a copy of this some 25 years ago thru Midnight Records in New York City. At that time with the exchange of the Canadian dollar, shipping charges, duty, and those "handling Fees" all added up to an expensive endeavor being here on the west coast of Canada.

joe

Reaction score

Stack Waddy's grungy, brute force and powerful R&B just floored me the first I heard it. Mud sloppy dirty and heavy. The following tracks are covers from Captain Beefheart and the Pretty Things.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Another band with only one slab to offer in their discography .This time coming out of Lima ,Peru
1970's"May God and Your Will Land You and Your Soul Miles Away" is a heavy dose of massive, grooved-out
early psych metal . The sound quality isn't what I'd like it to be but this thing is a scorcher !!
There is also a compilation entitled Dark Rose which is another jewel that I am currently hunting down though I do have the mp3s, I want to own a physical copy .

PAX :

joe

Reaction score

Wolf, you mention Pax and I automatically think of Tarkus also from Peru. The vocals aren't english. From 1972.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Joe and I like to leave all the stuff everyone already knows about for the amateurs :lmao:

@ Joe , I have that Tarkus Cd .I really can't listen to it due to the vocals .Not that I mind it
being in Spanish , it just bugs me for some other reason.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online