Obscure Gems From The "Classic" Prog/Rock Era

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Peter Bardens a proggy album the guitar is awesome and the reason is..

It's Peter Green.

joe

Reaction score
^^^Fantastic. Keeper coming Sox. Peter Green aka Bardens has a great tempo to it.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Peter Bardens was the organist in the 60's band Shotgun Express Peter Green, was on guitar in the band before his spell with the Blues Breakers and the singer was a certain Mr. Rod Stewart. I bet that was quite something to see.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Sox, I misinterupted you. I thought Peter Bardens was Peter Green.:bonk: I just did some research and found that out. I know of the Shotgun Express with Rod Stewart, Peter Green and Mick Fleetwood. I did not know that Bardens was an original founding member of Camel. I am a fan of Camel's first six releases. I learn something new everyday on this site.

joe

Reaction score
In the late 70's the big prog artists were leaning to more of a pop/AOR direction and the popularity of the genre was starting to decline. US symphonic/prog. band Cathedral released Stained Glass Stories in 1978 influenced heavily by Yes, especially the Relayer album and King Crimson, Genesis and Camel. Due to circumstances from that time the band din't release another album until they reformed in 2007 to release Bridge. Fans of Chris Squire and Steve Howe will want to give this a listen.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Great stuff Joe I will be going through this and the Proto Metal thread with a note pad to jot down a few buys.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Khan, a belter good work Sox, on my wish list that is as long as Dobbins nose on a good day. Bank heist needed very soon...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundaytakako

Members online