Obituary (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Well only one album can be " album of the year" type good per person so I guess it's in some good company then and definitely not lonely.

If had to nit-pick, I'd say that several albums can be album of the year candidates, but only one of them can win obviously. :D :heheh: I'm pretty sure that's what you meant anyway!

I haven't heard the new Obituary. Loved the band when I was younger and loved their comeback album "Frozen in Time", which I'd rate as one of my favourites in the band's entire discography, but none of the two following albums really grabbed me.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
If had to nit-pick, I'd say that several albums can be album of the year candidates, but only one of them can win obviously. :D :heheh: I'm pretty sure that's what you meant anyway!

I haven't heard the new Obituary. Loved the band when I was younger and loved their comeback album "Frozen in Time", which I'd rate as one of my favourites in the band's entire discography, but none of the two following albums really grabbed me.

Yep, thats what I was getting at. :heheh:

I like the two previous efforts but not as much as Inked.
In fact I like Inked more then Frozen as well. I'm a huge Obituary freak though so they haven't
released anything I consider bad or boring.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Inked has way too much filler.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can neither confirm nor deny that, since I haven't heard it yet, but it seems to be the album that has generally gotten the "worst" reviews of all the post-reunion albums!

I can see why some are less favourable on this album. The more I listened to it the more I realised there just isn't anything that fantastic about it. Way too much filler and it didn't go anywhere. That is just my personal opinion though. Its decent enough but not great and has issues.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online