"Nothing"

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
"NOTHING"
Something for your pleasure

They call themselves "NOTHING" when in reality, they're really something. "NOTHING" is a brilliant duo consisting of songwriter/guitarist/vocalist (and one of my close friends) Andreas Stavros and composer/keyboardist extraordinaire Joe Pacheco, founded in 1991. Based in Peterborough, England, "NOTHING" is fairly unknown outside of their native habitat. The project has been underway since Andreas and Joe met in 1989, though the guys have more recently performed with one other musician under the group name "Nature's Twist". They have recently resurrected the "NOTHING" project and productivity has been terrific.

(And their Facebook group can be found at this location: Give it a click!)

I was quite spoiled this past spring to receive a copy of their self-titled album recorded in 1992, and was certainly delighted by what I was hearing. Morrissey would blush over the similarity between his voice and Andreas' (who is, coincidentally, a huge fan of the mighty Moz). The music is something I can only describe as ambient indie punk. Lyrical content is, of course, quite Morrissey-esque, with the idiosyncratic wit and ever-present emotional conflict.

l_05022817e7be484aa01c1498de265da6.png

Above: Joe Pacheco (left) and Andreas Stavros.

Some of their music can be heard at MySpace.

(Click here.)

Here's some music, hand-picked by my dear friend Andreas:

"Who'd Have Me?"

"Just Because You're Physically Entwined
(Doesn't Mean the Emotions are Aligned)"

"I Bear Grudges"

"Ladykiller"

"The Emperor's New Clothes"

"Green's Grudge War"

Andreas and Joe are hoping to release a second album next year.
Please take a few minutes to have a listen, and offer some input/comments.

(Beware, members of MT. I might turn up some of this music for you.)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online