Nolo's bass covers.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
That one seems like it would be pretty easy for ya Nolo. Sounds good! I like your flannel shirt (I can't help it, I'm a chick and I notice the fashion). :heheh:

What would you say is the most difficult piece you've learned so far?

I love flannel shirts! Got at least 10 of those so far. :grinthumb

Most difficult? I would say Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son. It has lots of different riffs and bits, that I still find difficult to play. I definitely won't record it until it is polished properly.

But I tell you what. Time To Live might be easy, but even easy songs helps damn a lot in aural skills. More you listen, more you transcribe, better your hearing is.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think it would be a fun idea for you to post the songs you have difficulty with, then later on do them again to show how far you have progressed. I think it would be a good way for you to see how you have come along as a musician Nolo! :cheers2

Glad you decided to make the thread though. Interesting stuff! Covers will always grab my attention.

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Nice work on the Uriah Heep song Nolo. I think it might have been a bit too easy for you :)
Let me know if you actually playing around in Reading/town centre (if you're in a band or if you want a cameraman :) to record). I for sure will be there.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Nice work on the Uriah Heep song Nolo. I think it might have been a bit too easy for you :)
Let me know if you actually playing around in Reading/town centre (if you're in a band or if you want a cameraman :) to record). I for sure will be there.

We're playing on 2nd June in Abbot Cook, mainly covers of classics with some touches of 90s and 00s stuff. :grinthumb

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
We're playing on 2nd June in Abbot Cook, mainly covers of classics with some touches of 90s and 00s stuff. :grinthumb

Cool! I live pretty close to The Abbot Cook. I will keep note of the date. Come the 2nd, the junction will have a blast with Nolo's bass.
:D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be doing solo performance, which basically means playing songs on an instrument of choice. I need to fit within 30 minutes (including speech), songs I picked:
- Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues
- Horslips - High Reel
- Thin Lizzy - Emerald
- Roger Glover - Love Is All
- Captain Beyond - Mesmerization Eclipse
- Jethro Tull - Cross-Eyed Mary

I am looking forward to play Captain Beyond, it has a lot of time signature changes and despite this fact, I learned it in 20 minutes by ear. The performance will be recorded, so when I get the videos I will upload them on YouTube.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'M BACK! With a better camera. :D Few minor mistakes. Learned it by ear, no tabs.

Tygers of Pan Tang - Suzie Smiled

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Great work Nolo.:cheers2
I played the original song and your cover. Mere mortal like me can't pick any errors. Happy to be enjoying great music :)
I would absolutely love to hear some summertime blues cover. I have been under massive blue cheer spell lately.

The video is much better:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.