Nolo's bass covers.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do. With Led Zep I want to wait until the Easter holiday. :grinthumb

I tried to get 3 videos today:

- Uriah Heep - Time To Live
- Whitesnake - Sweet Talker
- Groundhogs - Status People

however, even with a bit improved video quality, the audio was crap this time. Somehow every time I play note D, the microphone captures horribly distorted sound. I should try sort it out tomorrow after college.

I must say though, I got Groundhogs bass line right after first listen. It was an amazing feeling getting something that quick and I liked the technique on it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Proud of you for sticking with it Nolo. Wish I had the patience for such a thing.

runtfan

Reaction score
Yeah, "Ramble On" was the first song to come to mind when I said that but now that I think of it "Hey Hey What Can I Do" would be a brilliant choice and a little more obscure when it comes to Zep so it works. You could even do "The Crunge" as it has a pretty nifty bass line too Nolo, or "The Lemon Song". :bow:

I play bass for a Zeppelin tribute so I get to play most of those great JPJ bass lines all the time ( 3 1/2 hours worth last night). John Paul Jones was one of my earliest influences so it's an honor to get to play that stuff in front of people.

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Good stuff Nolo. The videos were cool (despite quality problem).

If you take requests then it would be awesome if you covered "Lady in the Black" (Heep)?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Good stuff Nolo. The videos were cool (despite quality problem).

If you take requests then it would be awesome if you covered "Lady in the Black" (Heep)?

Funnily enough, I did a cover of Lady In Black with a college band at the gig as a part of an assessment 4 months ago (the same day Gary Thain died... weird, huh?). We did it, because we were the only band to be way ahead others, so we thought would be good to do 6th song. Because it is very easy to play (A minor and G), one drum beat and simple bass line, it took us a day to learn the entire song. The bonus was I know the lyrics, so I also took the lead vocals. Apparently it went well, despite my lack of vocal skills and probably singing in the wrong key. I might try get the video, if that's only possible.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You're doing a good job, Nooby, even with all the audio/video difficulties.

I got one for you to give a try "Jethro Tull ~ Bouree".....excellent bass riff! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yes, I can imagine you like him.

:oyea:

:oyea: Yeah, that would be me trying to learn anything.

I play bass for a Zeppelin tribute so I get to play most of those great JPJ bass lines all the time ( 3 1/2 hours worth last night). John Paul Jones was one of my earliest influences so it's an honor to get to play that stuff in front of people.

Awesome! I really wanted tickets to see *** Zeppelin when they came to our area last summer but it was too short notice to get off of work. I imagine it would be an absolute blast to play in a Zep tribute band. I forgot about "What Is and What Should Never Be"... that would be a good one to do too! I always thought there were a few songs that Jonesy really stood out on and that's one of them, but when it comes to his best work I think "The Lemon Song" can't be beat! The slowdown in the middle where he's playing all on his own before the song goes haywire again... classic! Also, Rush has some good bass riffs too as well as Red Hot Chili Peppers. :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Thanks to equalizer on iTunes I could take the original bass down and so the cover won't get into the original to make the sound a bit muted. The intro is a bit... but you can still hear something. :)

Uriah Heep - Time To Live

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That one seems like it would be pretty easy for ya Nolo. Sounds good! I like your flannel shirt (I can't help it, I'm a chick and I notice the fashion). :heheh:

What would you say is the most difficult piece you've learned so far?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online