Nirvana (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm watching Nirvana's Halloween concert at the Paramount Theatre from 1991 on VH1 right now (yeah, VH1 does still play music on a occasion) and there are some part of the concert that are absolutely spellbinding and ruthless and then....there are others where they are just stiff, sloppy, and uninteresting. A lot of hit and total miss unfortunately. :confused:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I'm watching Nirvana's Halloween concert at the Paramount Theatre from 1991 on VH1 right now (yeah, VH1 does still play music on a occasion) and there are some part of the concert that are absolutely spellbinding and ruthless and then....there are others where they are just stiff, sloppy, and uninteresting. A lot of hit and total miss unfortunately. :confused:

Thats what makes them amazing IMO. IDK why, but yea I love em.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
At the end of the concert Kurt whipped his guitar around, unplugging it in the process. Then he tried to play it, which of course didn't work, so I guess he figured he'd smash it. Krist then tossed Kurt's broken guitar up in the air to hit it with his bass, and after three or four misses he managed to barely get a hit, it went a couple feet, and they all walked off the stage. I thought it was pretty lame way to end a concert honestly.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Nevermind, and even the most ardent Nirvana hater can't deny the massive success and influence of this album. I honestly don't think rock music in general has been the same since Nirvana, whether that's for better or worse is up for interpretation.

Here's an awesome article I found on little known facts about Nevermind. Did you know there's a picture of KISS in the artwork? I didn't. :grinthumb

5 Things You Didn't Know About Nirvana's 'Nevermind' - Amplifier

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Boy it doesn't seem like 20 years to me...:think:

There is no denying the impact Nirvana and their contemporaries had on music even though I'm not a big fan I give them credit where it's do and every generation of music fans have bands they gravitate to and consider massively influential and important.

Nevermind is the Only Nirvana album I own...:peek and with all due respect to their numerous rabid supporters I don't think I'll pick up any of the others.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I can't blame you LG, as they're not everyones style. A polarizing band if there ever was one. I can't believe it's been 20 years either. Makes me feel a little old. ;)

That being said, Nevermind has to have the most killer Nirvana songs on any single album they released. So many good ones I can see why it's such a phenom and on pretty much a mainstay on every list of "best ofs" in albums you'll find.

Polly

Territorial Pissings (this one has a huge punk vibe to it)

Lithium (my favorite)

Frosty

Reaction score
This version of "Come As You Are" is kind of hilarious.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice that it is 20 years since that album, not my favourite as I like Bleach more but it did show why Nirvana was a really good band back in the day, I don't care what haters say.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online